Charles Walker / Little Charles & the Sidewinders

JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Charles Walker & The Dynamites are performing in Helsinki in a few weeks. I'm going, but I have to admit that I have totally slept on the dude, in fact I don't think I have ever heard any of his material. I need to get a few of his older records to play at our radio show that day. What would you people recommend, I should check out? I've been looking at the "Too Much Pride" / "Your love is all I need" 45 on Gemini, is that any good? How about the stuff on Decca? Also the comp on Tuff City with unreleased tracks came to mind (I'd rather not buy anything on Fuchs' label though). Thanks for any help!

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Check out the "Night Train to Nashville" comp...some early 60s stuff on there from him. Is Harvey Scales coming with Charles Walker? The Dynamites have been backing Harvey as well as an "opening act" for Charles, which is stupid because harvey is 900 times the showman that Charles is...Harvey is a tough act to follow...Charles is a good singer but has no stage prescence and cant work a crowd like Harvey can....

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    Thanks! Unfortunately we are not getting Mr. Scales, that would be amazing. Any other tips, right now I'm mainly interested in his late 60's/70's soul and funk material. What's good people?