Budapest Spots

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Hey,i am in Budapest today and tomorrow, any strutters from there? Where can i find some rekkids? What`s the best local beer, and finally, Buda or Pest?

Comments

• im going in summer - i too need to know where the records are at. isn't laci-basci's supposed to be one of the better shops left?? i dont know where it is though...

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    BUMP

common guys, i need to know this soon!

gimme some

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    go to vg+ and ask shuriken. he's there...

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    go to vg+ and ask shuriken. he's there...
    the link is cool. ask shuriken though too. he's on here too, i think.
    yes, he is:

shuriken

• did you find anything then?? care to name a few spots for when others head there....

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    If you are only there for a short time then just go to Lacsi Bacsis, in a courtyard next to the Oktagon,

Unfortunately I was there Monday, so bought lots of good stuff.

Found Rock 'n' Soul overpriced and crap on Hungarian stuff which I was looking for, I'm planning on posting up some photos in the VG+ 'Budapest Topic' soon.

These were the only two shops I got to.

Lacsi Bacsi is apparently going to move soon Pencilface, I'd PM Marcell aswell on VG+ he gave me fantastic information on that Record Covers book and I managed to get a couple of copies, so either him or Shuriken would have the most up to dat info on the record shops.

Would definately advise any to go as the city is beautiful, the food and drink is cheap and great if you like meat.

Pest is where most of the record shops are I believe. Only one in Buda

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    go to the gellert baths.

go to the gellert baths.

Seconded, gorgeous buildings and very relaxing.

Although I could have done with a towel protecting my pasty white arse from the world while getting a massage. I could have also done with the massuse not being incredibly fat and also just wearing a towel.

Lovely massage though.

• nice one rich --- so is laci basci's in pest aswell then?? im looking forward to going in summer. gonna go to krakow aswell so will hopefully come back fully laden with dodgy eastern european breakzzzz

nice one rich --- so is laci basci's in pest aswell then?? im looking forward to going in summer. gonna go to krakow aswell so will hopefully come back fully laden with dodgy eastern european breakzzzz

http://www.hanglemezek.hu/frames.php?lang=2

This is their website with a map of where it is currently but as I say Marcell said it was moving so I suspect it will have moved by the time you go.

I emailed them to reserve a couple of records before I went through that address and they were waiting for me when I got there, so perhaps email them nearer the time to find out

http://stores.ebay.com/Laci-Bacsis-Recordshop

This is their eBay shop, I emailed them after finding it to reserve a load of their eBay stuff, but this seemingly got Lost In Translation as the guy in the shop couldn't understand me, so I just handed my list to him and he dug everything out, which worked out cheaper than their eBay prices.

I suspect they list the good stuff on eBay but if they sell through the shop they take down the eBay auction, as half of their eBay stock of East European stuff is now in my possesion

I think the owner speaks good English (and answers the email) while he nice fella with glasses in the shop doesn't speak great English but is very helpful.

I'd recommend the

arriba taqueria

http://www.arriba.hu/

which is a few minutes around the corner for a cheap meal and beer.

Also check out the Gundel buffet / brunch menu. Cheap way to eat at one of the supposed best restaurents in Pest, its up near Hero square. Bit olde worlde and stuffy, but boy did we eat well.