ATTN: PEOPLE THAT POST AND SELL IN "SET SALES"

johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
PLEASE TO GRADE YOUR RECORDS ACCURATELY!![/b]

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    woah... put em on blast John!

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts
    i don't plan on naming any names - and this is obviously a very passive-aggressive way of dealing with such an issue - but i'm over paying over $50 for misgraded records.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    If you're not gonna name the person, at
    least name the record. Give us SOMETHING.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    I HATE PEOPLE!

• nessness 249 Posts
    that shit happened to me on here so many times. even w a moderator. charge it to the game.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Did you contact the person you bought from?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i think it would serve us better if these types of things were flushed out in public. i mean, there's a morning's worth of entertainment that this site still needs to make up for.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    i don't plan on naming any names - and this is obviously a very passive-aggressive way of dealing with such an issue - but i'm over paying over $50 for misgraded records.

Have you attempted a private conversation with the dealer regarding this?

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    that shit happened to me on here so many times. even w a moderator. charge it to the game.

CO-SIGN.

Wait for the next in "K in Canada"-type-of-situation before any more dirty laundry is aired in public.

• nessness 249 Posts
    shit my hands ain't clean. see my currrent situation w kinetic. that was some straight up oversight cockiness on my part.

m*** i'm starting a new job this week. i'll hit you off as soon as i get off the ground.

but there were times where that VG+ was definitely VG-. where i was like well he didnt want to list it on ebay and take a chance. but it didn't feel great at all.

shit but i've have internet dealers straight not send me a record i ordered or send it in very not as advertised condition and then stop answering emails on a bunch of occasions.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Just for balance - I've had nothing but great experiences with set sales/Strut sellers.
    Just one disappointing transaction which came to what I thought was a fair conclusion - so even that was OK.
    I just got two super-duper set sale records in the mail yesterday actually - hurrah!

PS. But, like Shig, I still generally dislike people.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I too have had nothing but good from soulstrut set sales as a buyer, hopefully the people I've sold to have had the same experience (I haven't heard otherwise). Generally I dislike undergrading & you'd think that a board of people who act like they actually know about records would come correct.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    VG+ was definitely VG-

My shit was a 12 dollar record, so I didn't call him out.

But how does a NM- record sound crackly? lol

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I haven't been on the Strut for that long but have had good experiences in general and would highlight Karlophone & Hammertime as the 2 best dealers I have delt with on here so far.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I HATE PEOPLE!

People are dicks, yo.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I HATE PEOPLE!

But I love gatherings... isn't it ironic?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    I've only bought like 6 or 7 records on here and all have been positive experiences except for this one dude who sells a pretty damn snap crackle poppin' VG+.

But, luckily it was a $20 record and it seemed like too much off a hassle for me to go to the post office to mail it back (I'm lazy) over that kinda money.

Oh wait then there was the time I bought a Orch Harlow record and it had the wrong record in it but the seller was very apologetic and rectified the situation.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I have nothing but good for all the people I have bought from on this board.
    In particular the guys that will beast folk on here and then behave courteously and honourably in the real world and on the pm's - jolly good show. Carry on. Oh, and grading has been spot on.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    But, luckily it was a $20 record and it seemed like too much off a hassle for me to go to the post office to mail it back (I'm lazy) over that kinda money.

I think this is the very reason why people think they can get away with it. Usually they do, cuz there's no feedback system. Unless someone puts 'em on blast.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    you'd think that a board of people who act like they actually know about records would come correct.

Yes you would, but I could post a doozy of a list of "high profile" forum dudes who've sent me total bullshit. I tend to feel it's mostly due to the fact that somehow most people just don't grasp the concept of record grading rather than anything malicious though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I could post a doozy of a list of "high profile" forum dudes who've sent me total bullshit.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    you'd think that a board of people who act like they actually know about records would come correct.

Yes you would, but I could post a doozy of a list of "high profile" forum dudes who've sent me total bullshit. I tend to feel it's mostly due to the fact that somehow most people just don't grasp the concept of record grading rather than anything malicious though.

I find it kind of funny that "high profile" RECORD forum dudes can't grade. What part of the game is that?

I could post a doozy of a list of "high profile" forum dudes who've sent me total bullshit.

If I really thought it would do anything more than create bad blood I would, but seriously, last time I checked people are still buying records from THEMACK.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    My experiences buying records from strutters has been totally positive. Cosign on karlophone--the records he just sent me are exactly as advertised and came with a nice little extra. Thanks!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I've had no troubles, and have bought from quite a few people on here... just lucky?

Maybe you guys just aren't picky enough.

• johnshadejohnshade 577 Posts

or expect the seller to "play grade" the record up for sale.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Unfortunately when records are graded visually that can happen.
    It's a bitch but there isn't much that can be done...

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Unfortunately when records are graded visually that can happen.

It's a bitch but there isn't much that can be done...

thats why I play grade my records. I make time to listen and those that don't, there is no excuse why you can't or don't. If it isn't possible to play grade then get the hell out of the record game or find a suitalbe way to accomplish this. This applys to all full time and part time sellers.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    PLEASE TO GRADE YOUR RECORDS ACCURATELY!![/b]

don't call sellers out on this board, handle that PM style.