"The Trip" OST

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
how good is this? Braekz?!!!my shop has a copy for $50 and im looking to blow some cash, but they wont let me listen to it before hand. i dont know much about it but it seems promising.hahaa

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's not very good and can be had for more like $20.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    definitely not worth $50. i haven't listened to it in a while, but i guess i filed it cause i thought it was good.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I like it, but then I'm an Electric Flag/Bloomfield fan (the Flag did the soundtrack, and Michael Bloomfield was their lead guitarist). Good album for a soundtrack, but not fifty-dollars good. At least not for somebody who doesn't know what they're getting.

And 1967 is slightly early to be looking for breakbeats, anyway, so that's out of the question. I don't remember there being anything vaguely funky on the CD reish of the soundtrack I have.

how good is this? Braekz?!!!

my shop has a copy for $50 and im looking to blow some cash, but they wont let me listen to it before hand. i dont know much about it but it seems promising.

hahaa

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    By and 1/8 and rediscover something in your current collection.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    thanks guys. i opted for a $3 copy of ike & tina's "cussin' cryin' & carryin' on" and i am VERY VERY satisfied with my purchse.

"you got what you wanted".... -related. probably the best soul song ive heard in years.

thanks guys. i opted for a $3 copy of ike & tina's "cussin' cryin' & carryin' on" and i am VERY VERY satisfied with my purchse.

"you got what you wanted"....probably the best soul song ive heard in years.

and don't forget "beauty is just skin deep" (featuring the ikettes) and the title track. it's easy to overlook some titles in the I&TT catalog cause theres so many albums on umpteen different labels, but Lord have mercy, they were at their best on Cussin'.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

"you got what you wanted"....probably the best soul song ive heard in years.

and don't forget "beauty is just skin deep" (featuring the ikettes) and the title track. it's easy to overlook some titles in the I&TT catalog cause theres so many albums on umpteen different labels, but Lord have mercy, they were at their best on Cussin'.

definitely. this was the first time i'd ever run into this album, ever. seeing that it had "thinking black" (one of my favorites from ike's album) and it was on pompeii i knew i was in for some pure gold. im kinda ashamed id never heard it before!

• nessness 249 Posts
    movie is much better than sdtk. just kind of whatever bloomfield and them blues rock fare type of action not very exciting.

movie is much better than sdtk. just kind of whatever bloomfield and them blues rock fare type of action.

did you pay close attention to the soundtrack? there's hardly ANY blues-rock on it, it's pretty much just random source music for the flick. this album has nothing in common with their regular records.

• nessness 249 Posts
    i didn't pay that close attention. no. just needle dropped. it's been forever. barely remember the movie either.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    The movie is OK but not as good as "psych out". Every movie should have a scene with Dean Stockwell dressed as an Indian on DMT.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i believe this movie is the one where the guy runs around like an idiot for an hour, but finally has a great line when he goes "I... can see... right into my BRAIN!" hahaha

Cussin Cryin is a sick record, and a nice score for under $15 let alone $3!
    Ive seen Trip OST on record store walls anywhere between $20 and $60, but the ones over $30 dont ever seem to sell!

there is the Iowa Factor to consider though. It may be one of like 4 copies in that whole state.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I acquired it on the cheap here in the bay and can't say that I value it anywhere near $50. I probably bought it for a few dollars and I like it in those terms. It's kind of cool and I'm not really tripping on whether it's great or not because it was only a couple bucks. It's got some bass lines, some spacey rockers, some marching type jawns. No songs that made me scream