happy birthday rob zilla

jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
So yestruday, I bumped into Moleman JR at the spot (new product on Tuesday, it seems--buy doubles, Bubbles), and was reminded of two things: one, the first time I met dude was also the first time I met my man z_illa (who I think was just "zilla" at the time, before he got on this Count Chocula "zee illa!" shit); and two, I've been led to understand by a reputable suburban source that Zill Most Chill had a birthday recently--he can, like, drink now, or something. Anyways, he may not be one of Soulstrut's "marquee" players ("popular on the internet" = "beautiful amongst gorillas"; discuss), but Rawb is a real dude, funny cat, and a good writer, and I just wanted to give him his birthday propers. Bullshit-free to the Nth degree, staying down to earth like General Crook, my partner in wall-holding, hard-ligger drinking, "Stroke of Death" appreciamating, and lamenting the workaday stones in one's passway, dude is consistently one of my favorite folks to talk music with, onnaccounta he never confuses "records" with "music," and never confuses either with "commerce" (even though he got his Stark Reality for, like, a nickel at some record store populated by good-looking ladies, which--by my count--represents three "what the fuck?!"s, in ascending order). Refrescante. Ain't no joke as a producer, neither (get ya computer correct and make more tracks, hommie).So yeah--Happy Birthday, Rob. If I ever leave the house again, I gotchoo on a Lawn Guyland."It's got to bang in the trunk."

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It seems apropos that you're writing this, James.

Happy birthday/respect to Rob Zilla.

Also props (in the strictest 1992 sense of the word) to Zilla, James and all other somewhat unsung Soulstrut heroes.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    wow, james coming out of hiding. Means a lot man. Peace to Motown who I missed a chance to get up with this weekend. Funny you should mention general crook and working computers, ears will soon be ringing with a beat cd done the right way. A james is a daddy apprieciation post is long overdue no? Anyways I'll stop talking now, I'm giddy as a trunk full of magic mike.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    ... (even though he got his Stark Reality for, like, a nickel at some record store populated by good-looking ladies, which--by my count--represents three "what the fuck?!"s, in ascending order)...
    "what the fuck?!"
    "what the fuck?!"
    "what the fuck?!"

happy birthday rob zilla

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    and for the record, stark was $10. When I brought it to the counter I asked the store owner if he knew anything about it. Dude was like, yo, John Abercrombie $10. Yes plaese.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    So yestruday, I bumped into Moleman JR at the spot (new product on Tuesday, it seems--buy doubles, Bubbles), and was reminded of two things: one, the first time I met dude was also the first time I met my man z_illa (who I think was just "zilla" at the time, before he got on this Count Chocula "zee illa!" shit); and two, I've been led to understand by a reputable suburban source that Zill Most Chill had a birthday recently--he can, like, drink now, or something.

Anyways, he may not be one of Soulstrut's "marquee" players ("popular on the internet" = "beautiful amongst gorillas"; discuss), but Rawb is a real dude, funny cat, and a good writer, and I just wanted to give him his birthday propers. Bullshit-free to the Nth degree, staying down to earth like General Crook, my partner in wall-holding, hard-ligger drinking, "Stroke of Death" appreciamating, and lamenting the workaday stones in one's passway, dude is consistently one of my favorite folks to talk music with, onnaccounta he never confuses "records" with "music," and never confuses either with "commerce" (even though he got his Stark Reality for, like, a nickel at some record store populated by good-looking ladies, which--by my count--represents three "what the fuck?!"s, in ascending order). Refrescante. Ain't no joke as a producer, neither (get ya computer correct and make more tracks, hommie).

So yeah--Happy Birthday, Rob. If I ever leave the house again, I gotchoo on a Lawn Guyland.

"It's got to bang in the trunk."

It's been too long. RealTime ChiStrutTastic Party at my house. I'm not kidding.
    (beer's on you.)

R*b*rt Zilla:

Thanks for those two/three rides back from Sheer Magic.
    Thanks for thinking first and commenting maybe.
    Thanks for having Badfoot Brown and the Bunions Bradford Funeral and Marching Band LP in your back seat. Universal proof of a good fella.
    Thanks for not knowing the answers to all my Little Dude questions. You're no apologist, and that's fineallright with me.

-W

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Shit, I shoulda started this thread! Once again, happy b-day ROB!!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I want to wish Rob a happy birthday, and offer him a joint and a ride whenever he touches down (PASUE, x3) on the east side of thangs.

I also want to send a hearty shout to Rob, James, Dave, Andy, and the rest of the Chitown massive, for I will be back soon. I loves me some Chicago.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    saying.

not confusing records with music. rob is dude most duderson. a true and genuine homie that is both blunted and blunt. i tip my chalice to you.

what is toilet rice?

• "popular on the internet" = "beautiful amongst gorillas"

wow.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Happy b-day and too bad we couldn't hook up a 2nd time.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    aww shucks, I missed the party. Dave was here for a while last night and didn't even check soulstrut once. It's his fault. [color:white] Or maybe it was the hash oil he was smoking [/color] Like faux rill's birthday, let's keep the party going all year. Anyway, thanks a lot for the wishes
    [color:white] I am more you than we know. [/color]

peace
    Rob

p.s. what is toilet rice?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Z_illa,

Happy Birthday, cat!!! Hopefully, I'll get to meet you Chicago 'Strutters sometime in the future. Keep doin' that thang, playa!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• happy birthday mang! missed you at danny's, i got you on a beer next month. peace.