Eric B. Interview (Paid In Full related)

Comments

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Does anyone know if the Patrick Adams mentioned THE disco Patrick Adams (P&P) is?
    I'm at work now and can't look it up but I think Rakim said in the book "Rakim Told Me" that he did all the scratches for one song on the album because Eric was at an award show. Was that Chiniese Arithmetics??

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Prior to Rakim picking up the microphone, rappers put very little focus on lyrical technique.

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Does anyone know if the Patrick Adams mentioned THE disco Patrick Adams (P&P) is?

Yeah, same one. He's had his hand in tons of stuff well before and after his P&P days.

b/w

"We made gold and diamonds popular"
    - Eric B.

(a fact backed up by Puffy, who, of course, invented the remix)

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Prior to Rakim picking up the microphone, rappers put very little focus on lyrical technique.

Yeah, I was gonna point out the same. Pretty depressing coming from allhiphop.com.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Yeah, I was gonna point out the same. Pretty depressing coming from allhiphop.com.

It really the writer's perspective. Theyre were MCs who put focus on technique. Rakim did change the game, but its not that clear cut.