Brisbane Hip Hop

PunditPundit 438 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=u-IeUveZDZYcan't remember how to embed these things cos i'm mildly retarded but skip to about oh say 2.05.. 2 weeks ago at the club i play at - i wasn't actually present for this fascinating escapade.

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    wow.

I am so happy I don't go to rap gigs in Brisso anymore...

But, I do miss the Breakfast Creek steaks...

that's about it....

oh yah, my mom too.

peace.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    WOW! Dude that rushed the stage with the bottle and attacked homeboy must have beef with Brizvegas!!!! As soon as dude on the mic says "If you from Brizzy put your fuckin' hands up!" All hell breaks loose. Fools must of drank WAY too many crown lagers in the car park before the show. Australia is buck wild.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Harden the fuck up Mate!

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    ahh shit, brissy misses you bev, besides, getting struck on the head or face with a metal/steel/glass object seems to be a right of passage around these parts - we all have our stories. I heart society. And, yes, society hearts me right back. Lol at big chan.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Ahh Brizvegas is hectic son. Thats why i hardly go to "Aussie" hip hop gigs in sydney. Far too many lads and no girls and there's always a fight.

ahh shit, brissy misses you bev, besides, getting struck on the head or face with a metal/steel/glass object seems to be a right of passage around these parts - we all have our stories. I heart society. And, yes, society hearts me right back. Lol at big chan.

I wasn't really happy when I got kicked to the ground and smashed in the face (thrown over the head standing up, with me on the ground)... with a Vestax 05-Pro back in 1998 at the ITF Brisbane finals. Cut my face up, my nose still has a scar and I blacked out and could have died. Something tells me the state of beer and rap in +61-7 isn't doing well...

Anyhow, that's Brisbane for you.

B

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I wasn't really happy when I got kicked to the ground and smashed in the face (thrown over the head standing up, with me on the ground)... with a Vestax 05-Pro back in 1998 at the ITF Brisbane finals. Cut my face up, my nose still has a scar and I blacked out and could have died. Something tells me the state of beer and rap in +61-7 isn't doing well...

B

geezus, what are these dudes mad at?

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

DAMN!

I was on that stage like a month and a half ago and loved the crowd, I never would have expected this!

Thats a nice ass club too.

"Come on people. Come on."

- classic

B

coming 2nd.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

B

coming 2nd.

wow. I thought soccer fans were crazy.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    coming 2nd.

hahaha, that was my induction into the brisbane dj scene, a few years prior to that I was jumped from behind by a now prominent scene dude with a steel pole on some graff beef nonsense that I had absolutely nothing to do with.

seriously, our town is a lovely beautiful city with lots of great shit popping off nowadays - less so in the 90s, but everyone who was there is mad sentimental about those days - the older i get the doper i was...

At Bribe's funeral I saw people hugging each other who have had beef with each other for years, 2008 full circle.

Edit: "that was not a fuck up of the cut, the headphones fell off"

Edit edit: the waxmaster incident was 1997 b*v*n, 1998 was a much more civilised affair with Noise judging...