HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIZZY!!!

z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Scottish King Robert the Bruce is born Sixth President of the United States John Quincy Adams born in Braintree, MA, Author E.B. White is born, 1899. Actor Yul Brynner is born, 1920. Opera singer Nicolai Gedda is born in Stockholm, Sweden, 1925. Physicist Theodore Maiman, developer of the first working laser, is born in Los Angeles, CA, 1927. Literary critic Harold Bloom is born in New York, NY, 1930. Actor Tab Hunter (Arthur Gelien) is born, 1931. Singer Debbie Harry (Blondie) is born in Miami, FL, 1945. Singer Bonnie Pointer is born in East Oakland, CA, 1951. Boxer Leon Spinks is born in St. Louis, MO, 1953. DizzyBull aka SalaryDIz aka HerbdDeeand uhh, someone else.

Comments

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Celebrate!!!!!! CANCERS RULE!!!!!

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Hopefully I got some teeth.

Happy birthday diz-meister.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    Happy birthday Rob!

You too, Gary.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Happy birthday G*** (don't forget to finish that track...)

• Salary_DizSalary_Diz 735 Posts
    Aahhhhhhhhhhhh (sniff sniff), thanks guys!!!! Happy b-day ROB!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Aahhhhhhhhhhhh (sniff sniff), thanks guys!!!! Happy b-day ROB!

happy birthday you fany
    I'mma hit you with a box of ray conniff

you think I'm joking?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Happeeee Birfday Dizzeeeeeeeeee!!! yay!!!

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts

I'mma hit you with a box of ray conniff

ray conniff =

don't front. REALMOODYTRUEPZNO!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Hell yeah, I will be rocking your CD today in full force in your honor, Diz.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Happy Birthday Diz!

Oh and just wanted to let you know that I demostrated your:

"Squeeze their belly into the shape of buttcheeks, and pretend that the belly button is the butthole, and then open it up to show the belly button while making fart sounds."

to my girl that evening.

And she stood there and looked at me real funny.

Thanks!

Celebrate today man, have a good one!

Happy Birthday Diz!

Oh and just wanted to let you know that I demostrated your:

"Squeeze their belly into the shape of buttcheeks, and pretend that the belly button is the butthole, and then open it up to show the belly button while making fart sounds."

to my girl that evening.

And she stood there and looked at me real funny.

Thanks!

Drewn got that game.... hahahahaha

• montymonty 420 Posts

haphaphaphappy birfday!!!!

haphaphaphappy birfday!!!!

did you make yourself some pigs in a blanket????

• montymonty 420 Posts
    i'm on the way to the grocery store now - gonna make em like momma used to

Hold on... I'm coming over.....

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Happy birthday diz!!!!!!!!!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Hold on... I'm coming over.....

I would pay the first months rent just to see Monty & Dizzy get along in an apartment together.

Happy Fucking Birthday G*ry

Thanks a*am. I just heard a joke that you can add to your repetoire.

Q. What do you call a gay jew?
    A. Heblew.

YAWN. Hey, its monday at work.......

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    happy bday you cmhwak!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Happy Birphday Diz. Guess what else you share a birthday with?????

from the soft news desk (AKA USA Today):

Slurpee celebrates 40 years of 'brain freeze'[/b]
    By Theresa Howard, USA TODAY Mon Jul 11, 6:53 AM ET
    Long before smoothies and Frappuccinos there was the Slurpee. The slushy, colorful 7-Eleven brand - and American icon - turns 40 today and is still popular for the same reasons it caught on back then: fun, variety, "brain freeze" and colored tongues.

"We've kept it fun with the interesting flavors we've had over the years," says Jim Keyes, 7-Eleven CEO. "At the heart of it, it's just a fun product that people enjoy."

Today, consumers can enjoy a free sample at 7-Eleven's 5,800 stores in the USA and Canada. The samples kick off a month-long Slurpee promotion that includes radio play of original 1960s Slurpee ads, retro 1973 cups, Coca-Cola-developed flavors Blue Blunder Berry and Gully Washer, free music downloads and a giveaway of four Mini Coopers in a Slurpee color.

Slurpee was born in Kansas at a Dairy Queen where owner Omar Knedlik served semi-frozen bottled soft drinks. When they were a hit, he worked with a Dallas company to develop the "Icee" machine that replicated that consistency in slushy soft drinks served at 28 degrees.

When a 7-Eleven manager happened upon an Icee machine in a rival's store, he saw potential and got them into three 7-Eleven stores in 1965. Within two years, they were in almost every 7-Eleven - renamed Slurpees for the noise they make through a straw.

"It hasn't changed a lot in 40 years," says John Ryckevic, a member of 7-Eleven's beverage team that helped promote Slurpee in its heyday. "You can't say that about a lot of brands."

Slurpee fun facts:

??? Consumption. Since 1965, more than 6 billion Slurpees have been sold. They're now sold in 17 countries. U.S. annual sales alone are $170 million.

??? The magic of the machine. Syrup, carbon dioxide and water are mixed under pressure in a freezing chamber.

??? Building the brand. In 1970, Slurpee marketing included Slurp magazine and a dance step and song called The Slurp.

• oldnewsouloldnewsoul 238 Posts
    From one G*** to another, enjoy.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Hppy Birthday homay - one of these parties i'm gonna have to come through!

• Options
    Happy Birthday Diz, knock em dead slugger!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    shoot, I wanted to make this thread. HAPPY BDAY MAN!

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Enjoy, you handsome focker!

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yo Diz,

Happy Birthday, bro!!! You're one of my main 'stromies up in this piece. Go have a beer on me. I'll give you the lookout when you're in MilwauKKKee.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Posted this on another thread earlier today but just realized it would be more appropriate here. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!

I spent the weekend chillin with the San Diego chapter of Soulstrut brethren. Kicked thangs off on Friday night at the Casbah to see surreal hommies Gary Wilson & the Blind Dates. Me & DizzyBull show up and this well endowed but completely annoying lil Filipina chick comes up to me all starry-eyed and says "you're Adrian Milan, right?"

"uhm yeah, that's me". Then she starts gushing about seeing me in the Gary Wilosn documentary and how great and blah blah blah. I'm thinkin, yeah sure honey, that's cool, now let's get a look at those CANS!!

The show was awesomely bizarre. First time I had seen it from the audience's perspective. Me & Diz got properly buzzed at the bar & called it a night.

Next day, Hawn Joo hooked up some serious white trash breakfast delicacies at se??or Diz's request. After all, it was his birthday weekend. So after some "homemade" pigs in a blanket, scrambled eggs & heinekens, we set off an a quest for... you guessed it....RACKORDS.

I won't bore you with the details but this is how yours truly came up :::

Fleetwood Mac[/b] - Then Play On
    Fleetwood Mac[/b] - English Rose
    Black Sabbath[/b] - Vol 4 (w/booklet)
    Black Sabbath[/b] - Born Again
    Comus[/b] - First Utterance
    Bauhaus[/b] - 1979-1983
    Sade[/b] - Promise
    Prince[/b] - Purple Rain (w/poster!)
    the Cure[/b] - Standing on a Beach
    ELP[/b] - Trilogy
    Thin Lizzy[/b] - Johnny the Fox
    B52's[/b] - Wild Planet
    Talking Heads[/b] - Remain in Light
    Joe Jackson[/b] - Beat Crazy
    Cowboy Junkies[/b] - Trinity Session
    Gang of Four[/b] - Entertainment
    Gang of Four[/b] - Another Day Another Dollar
    X[/b] - Los Angeles

After that was taken care of, we hung with Anna & some other non-SoulStrut folks for some drunken convo, munchin and general shit talkin. In the end, it was a whirlwind of Food Supplement (NOT vitamins) pyramid schemes, Crown Royal (good lookin Anna) and old Koreans who (unknowingly) like to rock Too Short t-shirts and knit hats that say "Bout it Bout it" on em. Good times.

Next mornin, woke up, went outside, smoked a bowl made coffee and did some yardwork. Figured, hell, why not. That was my B'day gift to Diz.

On my way home, I realized something. Something very important, very profound in its simplicity. Whenever life gets you down or you feel like the odds are stacked against you, just remember these sage words of advice from Too $hort...

"It ain't no thing but a chicken wing, ya lil beeeyotch!"[/b]

True....so true

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    cancers suck

sensitive,irresponsible,loyal bastards

[color:white]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy belated birthday Dizz !!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    cancers suck

sensitive,irresponsible,loyal bastards

[color:white]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy belated birthday Dizz !!!!!!!!!!!!!![/color]

Yeah, it's all about Libras, son!!! What!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak