be honest

waximilienwaximilien 352 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
which is more important to you:incredible music orincredibly RAER?like jorge said, i'm kurious

Comments

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    incredible raer music

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Incredible music. I'd expect that's the answer you'd get off just about everyone on here, even those who punt raers for a living. I mean, "Boscoe" is good and all, don't get me wrong. But it's not as good as "Mandrill Is".

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I mean, "Boscoe" is good and all, don't get me wrong. But it's not as good as "War -Platinum Jazz".

I mean, "Boscoe" is good and all, don't get me wrong. But it's not as good as "War -Platinum Jazz".

Far better example.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    As a digger the incredibly raer affords me to buy more incredible music.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

But Fencewalk is better than anything in the War catalog.

Heh. Too soon for another "War vs Mandrill" thread, surely?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    wow. difficult.

Incredible music > rare
    but
    incredible rare music > incredible music

even more:

incredible rare music you got cheap > incredible rare music

Let's not bullshit. If it was ALL about the music I'd get everything on mp3.
    But it's not. It's also about the cover, the shiny black wax, how it looks, feels and smells (continued p94 of Erotic vinyl fiction, copyright GBH)

• nessness 249 Posts
    boscoe v. platinum jazz. apples v. oranges.

i'd listen to boscoe before plat jazz. but im not going to deny galaxy the world is a ghetto etc.

Raer War > Incredible Mandrill........

If it was ALL about the music I'd get everything on VINYL

• Let's not bullshit. If it was ALL about the music I'd get everything on mp3.
    But it's not. It's also about the cover, the shiny black wax, how it looks, feels and smells (continued p94 of Erotic vinyl fiction, copyright GBH)

haha - word, but being all about the music AND wanting the cover, the look/feel etc. associated with vinyl doesn't have to conflict with one another. if you want it to sound the best it can, vinyl is still king

• Incredible music.

If it was ALL about the music money were no object[/b] I'd get everything on VINYL

Incredible music. No question.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    haha - word, but being all about the music AND wanting the cover, the look/feel etc. associated with vinyl doesn't have to conflict with one another. if you want it to sound the best it can, vinyl is still king

of course the b/w of this is: why is it that the incredible music I desire is rare? Why can't it be 50p Sally Army fodder?

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

Incredible FUNKY music

Raer War > Incredible Mandrill........

Incredibly raer Mandril > Rare, incredible War

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    rarely credible muzak

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Incredible music. I'd expect that's the answer you'd get off just about everyone on here, even those who punt raers for a living. I mean, "Boscoe" is good and all, don't get me wrong. But it's not as good as "Mandrill Is".

Speak for yourself. Boscoe made a real good album, man. I'm not going to use them as whipping boys just 'cause they didn't sell as many copies as War or Mandrill. Soul Strut really has to get off that "raer vs. common" way of thinking - good music be where you find it.

• LuckLoopLuckLoop 103 Posts
    incredible music

thats why i also buy reissues

• incredible music

self-outing? cathartic shit man - let it out. i buy them shits too, i won't lie.

incredible music

self-outing? cathartic shit man - let it out. i buy them shits too, i won't lie.

why should we lie? that's what reissues are there for.[/b] yeah, i dont mind lucking up on some raer original too, but...

Speak for yourself. Boscoe made a real good album, man. I'm not going to use them as whipping boys just 'cause they didn't sell as many copies as War or Mandrill. Soul Strut really has to get off that "raer vs. common" way of thinking - good music be where you find it.

No, that wasn't what I meant at all. It was just the readiest example I could come up with of a record that's championed as much for its rarity as its musical qualities. I chose that Mandrill album as an example of something that's in roughly the same ballpark, musically speaking, but is much easier to come by, yet might get sneered at by the kind of Timmy Digalot that sweats Boscoe for its rarity rather than its content.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, that wasn't what I meant at all. It was just the readiest example I could come up with of a record that's championed as much for its rarity as its musical qualities. I chose that Mandrill album as an example of something that's in roughly the same ballpark, musically speaking, but is much easier to come by, yet might get sneered at by the kind of Timmy Digalot that sweats Boscoe for its rarity rather than its content.

Oh, okay. Sorry I missed that.[/b]

Soul Strut really has to get off that "raer vs. common" way of thinking - good music be where you find it.

I agree. Although raer vs. common isnt about music,its about object/fetish.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    This is incredibly retarded.

This is incredibly retarded.

I appreciate your honesty.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    No problem.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts

Boscoe is... To Mandrill.

I like both groups but Boscoe..Man, just touches me in that special spot. Mandrill is just heavy music that you can smoke and drive to.

but Boscoe..Man, just touches me in that special spot.

Be Honest