Is Noz cosigning this foolishness?

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Quietly schitting on the world of publishing.

Speaking of publishing, who put this book out? Are we certain that it's not something dude banged up at Kinko's and hustled out of his house?

I don't want to look at the Amazon listing for fear of being pulled into the vortex.

I was wondering the same thing - I refuse to go back to it and check. It might be someone who hates indie rap. And if they think this is at all accessible or interesting to, or has the ability to raise the interest of non-fans, they need to consider a new career.

I feel like I'm over-reacting at this point...but it is SO pretentious.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What I'm most amazed at is how yall can turn nothing into something.

• yeah more like sold by LOLZ MARKETPLACE
    it got those same fonts as In Search of Goodpussy and the Zane series

I'm trying to decide if it's a good or bad thing that he couldn't see this foolish scheme through for all nine chapters.

ACE, DEUCE, TREY, four, five, 6, seven, OCTAGON, 9.

I'm loving that the only two chapters he chose to represent with numerals instead of words are 6 and 9; I can almost hear him giggling.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Speaking of publishing, who put this book out? Are we certain that it's not something dude banged up at Kinko's and hustled out of his house?

I don't want to look at the Amazon listing for fear of being pulled into the vortex.

Obviously self-published... if one can refer to a book that is run off on dude's laser printer whenever he receives a payment via PayPal as being "published".

Loving how he namechecks David Foster Wallace's rap book--even DFW is embarassed by that turd and tries to pretend that it doesn't exist.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Obviously self-published... if one can refer to a book that is run off on dude's laser printer whenever he receives a payment via PayPal as being "published".

Loving how he namechecks David Foster Wallace's rap book--even DFW is embarassed by that turd and tries to pretend that it doesn't exist.

That's why I used the term "put out," rather than "published." I know the P-word was a stretch. That has to be some self-made schitt. I'm picturing it having those black plastic curl-up binder things that your professor used to use to hold together all the readings for his class.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Oh, definitely. You can't be published without being edited, and no editor on the face of the Earth would allow that to pass as a final draft. My posts on Soulstrut go though a more rigorous review process.

I like many, refer to this book as an authoritative source for all things underground and independent. If you ain't down with this book, that means you either don't know what rap is, or don't care to know the devastating impact of groups like Atsmophere and Jurassic 5. Look man, Ant would MURDER Dj Premier with his production.

My posts on Soulstrut go though a more rigorous review process.

I don't doubt this. I myself utilize the preview function and all its merits fully. I mean, the last thing I want is someone on the boards catching me with a spelling error. I'm guessing this is what you mean by a "rigorous review process"?

I like many, refer to this book as an authoritative source for all things underground and independent. If you ain't down with this book, that means you either don't know what rap is, or don't care to know the devastating impact of groups like Atsmophere and Jurassic 5. Look man, Ant would MURDER Dj Premier with his production.

YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUE INDIE RAP IDEOLOGY AND YOU DON'T KNOW ME. I'LL PRAXIS MY JIM KELLY THROWBACK KARATE STYLINGS ON THAT ASS, FOOLIO.

I don't doubt this. I myself utilize the preview function and all its merits fully. I mean, the last thing I want is someone on the boards catching me with a spelling error. I'm guessing this is what you mean by a "rigorous review process"?

Yeah, meaning I actually re-read my posts before hitting "continue", and even choose not to post it if I realize I might be being unnecessarily inflammatory.

Hemol, tell the truth:

Does "Zachary Scribe" = Zachary Moldof?

YOU DON'T KNOW THE TRUE INDIE RAP IDEOLOGY AND YOU DON'T KNOW ME. I'LL PRAXIS MY JIM KELLY THROWBACK KARATE STYLINGS ON THAT ASS, FOOLIO.

BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND THE TRUE INDIE RAP IDEOLOGY COMES AT A PRICE, AND YOU KNOW I DON'T HAVE THE FINANCIAL BACKING TO UNDERTAKE THAT SORT OF ENDEAVOR.

Yeah, meaning I actually re-read my posts before hitting "continue", and even choose not to post it if I realize I might be being unnecessarily inflammatory.

You sir, constantly set the bar higher for internet message board standards.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yuichi, are you not getting enough attention at home?

Yuichi, are you not getting enough attention at home?

YOU OBVIOUSLY NEED TO GET LESSONS ON TRUE RAP IDEOLOGY.

I REFUSE TO BUY INTO YOUR ONLINE POSTMODERNIST RELATIVITY.

I REFUSE TO BUY INTO YOUR ONLINE POSTMODERNIST RELATIVITY.

JUST GIVING CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.

Nah, I kid. I appreciate the compliment. You should see my text messages???I even use em-dashes.

Nah, I kid. I appreciate the compliment. You should see my text messages???I even use em-dashes.

What's funnier is dudes being mad cuz a mawfucka trying to lighten up a lil. Don't know what em-dashes are, but it sounds next-level.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

I admittedly use the sh*t out of the em dash. I like it better than a whole new sentence or the lowly comma. lol

Maybe I need to stop posting for today.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Chapter 11: Scribe and Sole Exchange E-Mails Across the Atlantic Ocean

Wow.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Yea dude... this kid used to post on a message board I used to check.
    This does look really bad, he does get the anticon stamp of approval though!

He self published it I guess.... man... thats bad.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Jesus... What the fuck was that?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Or have you actually read it?

Even the author does not think it's that necessary to actually read anything you wish to speak on...or bite, from Chapter Five: The Fellowship of the Mic

"Now, I intended to just write at length about F.F., rambling in my best imitation of what I imagine to be Lester Bangs' style - I've read a bit about Bangs but nothing by him..."

Christ alive...

• I believe the author is "tha scribe" aka lil homie who was loosely affiliated with anticon. he used to live at the lake merrit house. which kind of explains alot...

http://www.myspace.com/zacharyscribe

I believe the author is "tha scribe" aka lil homie who was loosely affiliated with anticon. he used to live at the lake merrit house. which kind of explains alot...

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Hemol, tell the truth:

Does "Zachary Scribe" = Zachary Moldof?

1.) I would never put a fandangled font like that on anything.

2.) Why you gotta be such a salty dog? Did you get no boob milk as young Rillzita? I realize that you fancy yourself as some kind of self-made authority, and at times you like to let people know when they're in over their heads, but come off your Frickin' Scrooge pontoon. There ARE tropical waters. Find something good to post about (and I don't mean potential record reviews).

3.) I bet there are dudes at JackSpade.com clowning your apartment decor right now.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I believe the author is "tha scribe" aka lil homie who was loosely affiliated with anticon. he used to live at the lake merrit house. which kind of explains alot...

Of course, this decision was undoubtedly influenced by something beyond the accessibility of their respective musical outputs; of these two, the one who briefly achieved household name status was considerably more photogenic than his obscure contemporary.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    he does get the anticon stamp of approval though!
    Shocking.

Zack from Portland Maine is my new pipeline to tha realness.