QUICK! I need to bust open my door lock

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Yo I am locked out of my room with records for my show tonight and need to get in there stat. My housemates are giving lockpicking a valiant effort but this thing is a bitch. How do I just break that shit? I can get a new lock later.Thanks dudes.

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Ask this guy. He's a little rough around the edges, but if you ask him nicely, he'll help you out.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Man I am getting to the point of breaking the door but I'd rather just have to replace the lock. Anyone know if the internal lock chamber will come out if you bust the outer shell of the handle?

I got people I could call but my damned phone is inside too.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    you need a bump key in your life

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Can you borrow a ladder and go in through a window?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I just got in. hammered downwards on the lock and busted it, then rotated the lock. Was really easy once we figured it out. Only minor cracks on the door frame that can be easily covered up for the landlord.

Window woulda been the choice but it was latched from the inside.

Thanks for the tips everyone.

• autoauto 198 Posts
    the locksmith got the club off my friends steering wheel by just taking a power drill and drilling the shit out of the part where the key goes in. could try that next time

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the locksmith got the club off my friends steering wheel by just taking a power drill and drilling the shit out of the part where the key goes in. could try that next time

that's the one right there. 1/2"-7/8" metal drill bit in a corded makita and you're set.