If Obama were a white man

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
"he would not be in this position""And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."http://www.dailybreeze.com/lifeandculture/ci_8489268

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Q: If Obama was a white man?

A: He would be on soulstrut.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    she sounds ass-hurt

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

A: He would have been the nominee months ago.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    file under: "still asshurt after all these years"

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    the nutroots always ready to stick a knife in a perfectly able and competent democrat for failing to drink the kool-aid.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    perfectly able and competent democrat

are you referring to Obama or Ferraro?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    My Mom saw a picture of Will Smith in People magazine the other day and asked if that was man who was running for president. Maybe in another 20 years he could be the Black Ronald Reagan? If I was American & believed in their farce of a democratic process, I'd vote for Will Smith.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    she sounds sandy vagina'd

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

"And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

no.

personally, i decided to vote for obama because he is black. i'm not saying obama is not qualified, or there weren't other reasons that pushed me towards changing my vote, but in the end, when faced with 2 candidates who have similar positions on the issues - i think it is much more important (for numerous reasons) that we elect a black guy than a woman.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    she sounds ass-hurt white

no.

personally, i decided to vote for obama because he is black. i'm not saying obama is not qualified, or there weren't other reasons that pushed me towards changing my vote, but in the end, when faced with 2 candidates who have similar positions on the issues - i think it is much more important (for numerous reasons) that we elect a black guy than a woman.

Thanks for speaking for yourself... and only yourself.

thanks, but i don't think i can take credit for the idea that we (as democrats) are partly deciding whether it is more significant, for symbolic and other reasons, to elect a woman or a black man.

Although in the end you made the right decision, you did it for the wrong reason. As a American African Black man from Africa, I'd hate to see Obama become the nominee or president over some twisted affirmative action thinking.

I just personally think that he's the better person for the job. I thought that's what the US Americans of North America were based on.

• "he would not be in this position"

"And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

http://www.dailybreeze.com/lifeandculture/ci_8489268

That's the sound of hot air leaking, aka the deflation of the Democratic establishment.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Why would any self-respecting person, Black or White, Male or Female, want to be President? Look at the last few Presidents: A horny dude, an actor, some old guy and his idiot son. There's no integrity left in that office. I find it vaugely insulting that a Black man or a Woman could only become President after the office of the President has been so debased. It's like sloppy seconds.

Why would any self-respecting person, Black or White, Male or Female, want to be President? Look at the last few Presidents: A horny dude, an actor, some old guy and his idiot son. There's no integrity left in that office. I find it vaugely insulting that a Black man or a Woman could only become President after the office of the President has been so debased. It's like sloppy seconds.

Although in the end you made the right decision, you did it for the wrong reason. As a American African Black man from Africa, I'd hate to see Obama become the nominee or president over some twisted affirmative action thinking.

I just personally think that he's the better person for the job. I thought that's what the US Americans of North America were based on.

who said it was because of affirmative action? there are 2 dems running - each will not only make history, but have an immediate impact based solely on the fact that one is black and the other a woman.

imo, bush has done so much damage to our reputation that electing barack hussein obama (a black democrat with a muslim sounding middle name) would send the message to the entire world (including people unfamiliar with the candidates' positions) that the voters have rejected everything that bush has done and stood for. i don't think electing hillary will send the same message to the world - regardless of the fact that her positions mirror his.

moreover, hillary doesn't possess any particular qualities as a woman, that, imo, make her more tolerable to sexist voters. therefore, i don't see why any other qualified woman couldn't become president in the near future. on the other hand, aside from obama being half white, he's a conservative democrat that probably will be getting the votes of white men and women who are of the "i wouldnt let my son/daughter date a black girl/guy" mentality. he gets a pass from them, or at least some of them. consequently, i don't see that many other obama's out there, like i do hillarys. i've heard people refer to this as the "perfect storm".

who said it was because of affirmative action? there are 2 dems running - each will not only make history, but have an immediate impact based solely on the fact that one is black and the other a woman.

imo, bush has done so much damage to our reputation that electing barack hussein obama (a black democrat with a muslim sounding middle name) would send the message to the entire world (including people unfamiliar with the candidates' positions) that the voters have rejected everything that bush has done and stood for. i don't think electing hillary will send the same message to the world - regardless of the fact that her positions mirror his.

moreover, hillary doesn't possess any particular qualities as a woman, that, imo, make her more tolerable to sexist voters. therefore, i don't see why any other qualified woman couldn't become president in the near future. on the other hand, aside from obama being half white, he's a conservative democrat that probably will be getting the votes of white men and women who are of the "i wouldnt let my son/daughter date a black girl/guy" mentality. he gets a pass from them, or at least some of them. consequently, i don't see that many other obama's out there, like i do hillarys. i've heard people refer to this as the "perfect storm".

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

Seriously! A white man who shows respect, wants to open a dialouge with brown men and doesn't sleep with prositutes. Un-heard of!

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    His name would be Barry O'Bama

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    last i checked, Obama is as much white as he is black.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

They couldn't possibly be attacking her because she's a friggin' idiot.....nah.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

They couldn't possibly be attacking her because she's a friggin' idiot.....nah.

Hillary has to prune this branch - quickly. This is ridiculous.

• "he would not be in this position"

"And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

http://www.dailybreeze.com/lifeandculture/ci_8489268
    ....Such a stupid and vacuous statement from someone who should know better...I wonder sometimes about some racist liberals and think there really is no difference between them and some racist conservatives...sadly though, her sentiments are really not that surprising at all...

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    her old ass, she has that old pelican thing going on under her chin.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    His name would be Barry O'Bama

Underrated Poast!