edited March 2008 in Strut Central
I'm digging it...

Comments

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    sounds like a keeper...

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    nice!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I'm a huge fan of this entire album. As a member of the Chairmen of the Board, he was the one delegated to do their more "rockish" songs. It was no surprise that when the three (remaining) members of the Chairmen decided to release solo albums simultaneously, Kennedy's LP would be the most adventurous. A whacked-out singer-songwriter LP that splits the difference between funk and rock about equally. Of course, some of the tracks are merely selections from Chairmen LP's where he sang lead, but if you can get over that minor frustration, this is a good LP to get if you're into Edwin Birdsong's albums on Polydor and Bamboo.

He's still around, BTW, playing acoustically on the Canadian blues circuit with a few CD's out.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Another record on the want list....thanks for sharing!

just picked this up. Looking forward to listening to the whole album. Good looking out...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This record is unlistenably bad.

Don't know what you dudes are hearing.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I had it years ago, many times. I remember it being a singersongwritersoundingthing. Didn't like it. I will have to go back and try again.

just picked this up. Looking forward to listening to the whole album. Good looking out...

This record is unlistenably bad.

Don't know what you dudes are hearing.

after further review...hypnotic music is the stand out track. The rest of the album reminds me of a mediorce Stephen Stills record. Maybe come together will grow on me...

The album can be pretentious when it wants to be. But I still like it, in spite of itself.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    The album can be pretentious when it wants to be. But I still like it, in spite of itself.

hell, Soul Strut can be pretentious when IT wants to be, but...

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I'm not feeling the singing

but, yo, that intro would make a good beat