chick has siezures to sean paul "temperature"

autoauto 198 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
just watching 20/20 and they showed some chick who started having seizures whenever she listened to music. it was triggered by sean paul "temperature". they put her in the hospital and play sean paul temperature and she has like 3 siezures while temperature is playing. then they do brain surgery on her and take out a half dollar sized chunk of her brain. after the surgery she sits there with her ipod with temperature on and she just looks off into the distance. she then says "now i know why people like this song... its a hot song".. gotta get the youtube of this one

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Was she foamin at the mouf?

I gotta try this at my next dinner date. "wanna hear some dancehall?"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    just watching 20/20 and they showed some chick who started having seizures whenever she listened to music. it was triggered by sean paul "temperature". they put her in the hospital and play sean paul temperature and she has like 3 siezures while temperature is playing. then they do brain surgery on her and take out a half dollar sized chunk of her brain. after the surgery she sits there with her ipod with temperature on and she just looks off into the distance. she then says "now i know why people like this song... its a hot song".. gotta get the youtube of this one

I do not believe you.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I do not believe you.

It's true...but far worse than just having Sean Paul bring on seizures. Any music AT ALL sent her into seizures. It was some kind of latent neuro issue in her brain, and they isolated where it was and removed a small part of her brain. I think they said only like 12 operations like it in the world have been performed. She was virtually a prisoner in her apartment, and she had been a choir member, frequent clubber, imagine if you couldn't be around even incidental music without worrying that the next seizure could give you a fatal heart attack. Horrible. Glad she took the risk and it worked.

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    I have news reports on video of a local woman who went into a seizure anytime she heard the voice of Entertainment Tonight's Mary Hart. Not surprised.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    Im reading a book right now "Musicophilia" and its all about the phenominon of music.

Appearantly theres a lot of people with Musicphobia whom certain instruments, songs, styles, send them into seizures... some people get it when they hear polkas... or some people when they hear a flute or something. It causes people to get like full on agoraphobia.

I recommend this book to all you guys though. Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    some people get it when they hear MATH ROCK

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    Im reading a book right now "Musicophilia" and its all about the phenominon of music.

Appearantly theres a lot of people with Musicphobia whom certain instruments, songs, styles, send them into seizures... some people get it when they hear polkas... or some people when they hear a flute or something. It causes people to get like full on agoraphobia.

I recommend this book to all you guys though. Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks
    im halfway through this. great book. its all about different mental issues that involve music from seizures to hallucinations. The guy who wrote it is the psychologist that wrote awakenings.

http://www.amazon.com/Musicophilia-Tales...05083375&sr=8-1