Curtis "Roots" with the Calendar

GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
How often do these turn up still attached?

Comments

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I'm about 0 for 10,000.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It's certainly not easy to come by completely attached. The reason for this is the weak, cheapish textured paper Curtom used for the jacket and the large-gapped perforation that was right on the seam. Hell, even opening the reverse Unipak-like gatefold too hard could cause the calendar to come right off. I'm betting that not all original owners of this LP were purposeful in their pinning-up of Mr. Chicago Soul 1972 (& January 73).

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    How often do these turn up still attached?

I found a notch-cut copy with all but about an inch attached. That perforated edge justs wears down over time, and is bound to start to come undone.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    It's really nothing special anyways, don't sweat it.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It's really nothing special anyways, don't sweat it.

I totally disagree.

But I live in Chicago, so take that with a grain of salt.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I was excited to find a copy last week with the calendar perfectly attached.

If someone printed up a calendar with the same design for 2008 I would buy one in a heartbeat.

• I think that calendar is awesome. If I had one I'd have it hanging up. Alas, I am calendarless.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    i am 2 for 5, but one of the two had been reinforced with clear tape. the calendar ones i bagged and shelved with loving care, but i still have 2 calendarless copies kicking around somewhere for all those crazy house parties that i never seem to throw.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm 2 for 2 (one of them I found while diggin' with hcrink...).

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    that avatar makes me think that Reynaldo IS secretly Obama.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    some people sweat the Marvin Gaye with the day planner more than the Curtis...

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    never seen one in the field, but I did pick one up from Moerer awhile back for like $25.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I'm 2 for 2 (one of them I found while diggin' with hcrink...).

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    never seen this, someone got pics?

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts