Malcolm Catto 10" Library Mad Drama Rare B-R-E-A-K

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
So who's got one of these:http://www.fatcity.co.uk/Sales/pages/MusicPageRichMedia.aspx?pageid=13935
SUPER LIMITED! AMAZING PACKAGING! Wow. Production duo MRR-ADM were formerly known as MHE (Sound in Color Records), and not only have they stepped their game up, but they've teamed up with Malcolm Catto of Heliocentrics for a mind-blowing 10" EP. No song titles, no record label, no words. Just 6 tracks of violent drums, dirty analog synths, and dizzying, optical-illusion artwork (in an indescribable foil coated jacket, no less). A modern library record, and with less than 1000 units pressed worldwide, this one could soon be going for as much on the collectors market as the old library records that were used for samples on your favorite hip hop records. Do not sleep on this record.

Comments

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    MHE was fresh.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Holy cr??pes. Just checked the clips in the fatbeats link.
    Right up my alley. Order placed.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    yeah placed an order aswell.. seems better than heliocentrics

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    seems better than Roni Size

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I have heard that first track used somewhere else before
    Same drums and bass line.
    From some guy called Tony Loomin from SD

• channonchannon 65 Posts
    yeah placed an order aswell.. seems better than heliocentrics
    Yeah as in less schizo I really enjoy the heliocentrics album, but this seemed more focused in a good way.

thanks Duderonomy, I placed an order as well.
    The fat beats album pic looks different from the og link in dudes post, what do you all think?

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    if you just send a paypal payment to the info address at their site you only have to pay $20 flat, including shipping. Just a heads up in case anyone is going to order it.

www.dirtydrums.com

I think it's probably $20 flat through their online store too though. I ordered one by just sending $20 flat to info (at) dirtydrums.com and they replied and said it would go out on monday.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    I have heard that first track used somewhere else before
    Same drums and bass line.
    From some guy called Tony Loomin from SD

Same track, same guys producing. That whole Tony Lumin thing was some weird hoax involving the Ricci Rucker board, that the MHE guys (also from SD) weighed in on. Glad to see this getting an official release.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    if you just send a paypal payment to the info address at their site you only have to pay $20 flat, including shipping. Just a heads up in case anyone is going to order it.

www.dirtydrums.com

I think it's probably $20 flat through their online store too though. I ordered one by just sending $20 flat to info (at) dirtydrums.com and they replied and said it would go out on monday.

Copped! Thanks for the info.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

www.dirtydrums.com

Are you guys receiving a message error when try to complete the payment via paypal
    at DirtyDrums site?
    This sucks!

Peace

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts

www.dirtydrums.com

Are you guys receiving a message error when try to complete the payment via paypal
    at DirtyDrums site?
    This sucks!

Peace

I emailed them about this and got this reply.

'Hello,
    The site store is still in progress! In the meantime you can order through paypal:
    [email]Info@dirtydrums.com[/email]
    FYI $10 to ship to the UK

Thank you'

So email them, tell them where you are from and they will get back to you with a total to PayPal them.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    at DirtyDrums site?
    This sucks!

Peace

I emailed them about this and got this reply.

'Hello,
    The site store is still in progress! In the meantime you can order through paypal:
    [email]Info@dirtydrums.com[/email]
    FYI $10 to ship to the UK

Thank you'

So email them, tell them where you are from and they will get back to you with a total to PayPal them.

Yeah, I emailed them already.
    Anyway, many thanks for your reply.

Peace

I highly recommend this record. For $20 including shipping it's totally worth it. The packaging is very well done and it's on red vinyl. They obviously put effort into this.

The music is incredible too. If you like drums then you can't go wrong with this. Buy it now for $20 before you have to buy it for $50 in a year.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    expecting mine at the doorstep when i get home for lunch today...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Mine was waiting on the doorstep last night. My only regret is not buying doubles.

Mine was waiting on the doorstep last night. My only regret is not buying doubles.

word. I'm sure you can always get another. just buy it directly.

yeah this whole week i've been contemplating the doubles issue. i really should place another order today cause i was def feelin the sound clips i heard. plus the packaging sounds wild. i saw their ad in the new waxpo too which is basically from my understanding, the album cover.

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    I highly recommend this record. For $20 including shipping it's totally worth it. The packaging is very well done and it's on red vinyl. They obviously put effort into this.

The music is incredible too. If you like drums then you can't go wrong with this. Buy it now for $20 before you have to buy it for $50 in a year.

Those sound samples at FatBeats are
    Must have this!

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    yeah this whole week i've been contemplating the doubles issue. i really should place another order today cause i was def feelin the sound clips i heard. plus the packaging sounds wild. i saw their ad in the new waxpo too which is basically from my understanding, the album cover.

I dunno, I've got to say I don't like the sort of person who'll buy up multiple copies of a limited release just to sell on ebay at twice, thrice, four times the price.
    The reason I posted up on here and Verygood++ was to help those who appreciate the music get copies before they all disappear. I wasn't about to order 10 and slowly leak them on ebay. On the other hand, Catto & co just want the sales, so go for it.

The drums on this are mental, and one of the tracks ("3"?) is some straight gangsta kraut-rock experimental head music. Beard-stroking nerd music for sure, but damn great.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I dunno, I've got to say I don't like the sort of person who'll buy up multiple copies of a limited release just to sell on ebay at twice, thrice, four times the price.

As opposed to pressing up a limited number with fancy art so you can sell a 10" for $20?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Hello,
    Unfortunatly were sold out. Dusty Grooves just put them on there web
    page! That might be the next source!

Thank You

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    got mine from fatbeats yesterday.
    I couldnt figure out at first if it was to be played at 45 or 33.
    Its a good record. Less frantic than the Heliocentrics. Seems like its just Drums, Bass, and Moog.

• big up adam and mike. been waiting for this to drop for a long while. hopefully mine will be here soon.

ezzzooooooop rasta - that's not my jist at all. if and when i do get another copy, it will either A) stay on ice in my ice castle, or B) will get used as a gift for someone years down the road.

btw,

i just got back from lunch. it was there on my steps [adorned with akrobatik stickers]

wow...

• dmacdmac 472 Posts
    Hello,
    Unfortunatly were sold out. Dusty Grooves just put them on there web
    page! That might be the next source!

Thank You

even more
    sold out at Dusty Groove now. I know some of you b*st*rds bought doubles...

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    For LA heads - i bought a copy last week at Fat Beats on Melrose for $17.99
    I'm not sure if there are any left
    give em a ring - 323-655-8997

• pretty sure you can still get them online at fatbeats too:

http://www.fatbeats.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7072

i ordered mine this morning and got word it's in the mail already!

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    pretty sure you can still get them online at fatbeats too:

http://www.fatbeats.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=7072

i ordered mine this morning and got word it's in the mail already!

I just got mine in the mail today.

• i hate that this shit is happening already:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MRR-ADM-Untitled-10-...1QQcmdZViewItem