the secret origin of sheeett (clay davis related)

Comments

• "It's hard to get up and down the street without somebody doing it," he says. "What have I done? I've unleashed a monster."[/b]

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    saw this in the comments :

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    And the sheeet from 25th hour

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Dude was saying stretched out sheets long before that

anyone see Get On The Bus?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Totally unrelated, but in reading this blog I stumbled onto another blog, which featured this insight:

One of the smartest things somebody pointed out to me about this latest Wire episode: Marlo gives the whole, big "My name is my name" speech, and someone then pointed out that way back in Season Two, when Vondas and the Greek are getting out of town, Vondas explains that Nick knows his name, but "My name is not my name."

Never noticed that. Amazing.

• Never noticed that. Amazing.

Good stuff.

Recently I had the pleasure of viewing Adam Sandler's Waterboy[/b] movie and was surprised to see D'Angelo from Wire seasons 1 and 2 playing the straight man (as decent college football kicker) to Adam Sandler's fool act.

I kind of wish I hadn't seen that. Next time I'm re-watching D'Angelo in prison season 2 I'm going to get confused and expect Adam Sandler to come in talking like a retard trying to get Avon to play wide receiver on the prison team on some Wire vs. Waterboy vs. Longest Yard muppetry.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Totally unrelated, but in reading this blog I stumbled onto another blog, which featured this insight:

One of the smartest things somebody pointed out to me about this latest Wire episode: Marlo gives the whole, big "My name is my name" speech, and someone then pointed out that way back in Season Two, when Vondas and the Greek are getting out of town, Vondas explains that Nick knows his name, but "My name is not my name."

That reminds me of a quote from an interview with Tristan Wilds (Michael Lee):

http://www.tvguide.com/news/tristan-wilds-wire/080303-02

TVGuide.com: Going back to Stringer Bell ??? was he the smartest character on The Wire, or who would that be?
    Wilds:[/b] I would have to say the Greek [Bill Raymond]. He does his work so discreetly. You don't know who he is unless he wants you to know who he is. To be that smart and watching everything all the time and knowing how to run your business without getting any static ??? this guy is really on his game. He's sitting at the counter with his paper just smiling the whole time.

The kid definitely understands the show.

Good stuff.

Recently I had the pleasure of viewing Adam Sandler's Waterboy[/b] movie and was surprised to see D'Angelo from Wire seasons 1 and 2 playing the straight man (as decent college football kicker) to Adam Sandler's fool act.

I kind of wish I hadn't seen that. Next time I'm re-watching D'Angelo in prison season 2 I'm going to get confused and expect Adam Sandler to come in talking like a retard trying to get Avon to play wide receiver on the prison team on some Wire vs. Waterboy vs. Longest Yard muppetry.

add Remember the Titans to the mix and your calculus will be complete.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damn, i just caught up on the latest two episodes last night. It was like getting punched in the face. The wire is so good that it just leaves you reeling.

news flash

my homies dad been saying sheeeeeeeeeeeit since before spike lee or the wire, in fact 1985 was first time i member him saying that sheeeeeeeeit... & i know he got from elsewhere fo sho...

That's kind of the point of the blog posting:

Either way, it's moot. As Whitlock told me:
    It was something my uncle used to do all the time. Growing up, he would do it five six seven times a day. You'd go, "Did you sleep well?" and he'd go, "Ah, sheeet, my head was on the pillow." I would every now and then just do it in conversations.

I was having a conversation with Spike Lee one time, I think we were talking about football, and I did it, and he said, "You should keep that and use it." So that's where I started doing it. I did it in "The 25th Hour," that was the first time I did it.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    news flash

my homies dad been saying sheeeeeeeeeeeit since before spike lee or the wire, in fact 1985 was first time i member him saying that sheeeeeeeeit... & i know he got from elsewhere fo sho...

thats what i'm saying... do cats actually think this is the first time someone has said shit in that way? if so, ya'll need to shut off your computers/tvs and go outside.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    news flash

thats what i'm saying... do cats actually think this is the first time someone has said shit in that way? if so, ya'll need to shut off your computers/tvs and go outside.

oh i see!

i just got season 4 disc one in the mail last night. mr davis is really loving that extended sheeeeits so far this season.