AMY WINEHOUSE/CURTIS MAYFIELD/giving up records

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
seems like these three topics are revived on a regular basis, so i may as well get it over with

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'm giving up all my records except for Curtis Mayfield
    and Amy Winehouse - can you recommend some good headphones?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Happy Birthday, Pickwick!

• I'm giving up all my records except for Curtis Mayfield

I think you'll need some help finding some Dunks to match yr headphones as well.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Are there any good breakbeat raers on the Deutsche Grammaphon label?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Don't forget the seasonal "Its so cold, winter sucks" and the "I can't take this heat, fry an egg on my sidewalk" posts!

• "I can't take this heat, fry an egg on my sidewalk" posts!

You'll be seeing one of these from me in a few months!

• I'm giving up all my records except for Curtis Mayfield

same here - the big purge of 2008 continues! These two albums are also a wonderful soundtrack for eating hotpockets (for breakfast, dawg!). Now, which portable turntable is better to play them on?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I'm giving up all my records except for any Native Tongues LPs[/b]
    and Amy Winehouse - can you recommend some good needles for DJing[/b]?

Anyone seen 'There Will be Blood'? Who here is an Obama-backer?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    What's for lunch?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i know a good spot for coffee!!!

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    How do I rip my records to digital? And what type of alcohol should I drink whilst doing it?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Is this Bongo Band an OG and why cant Becky dance to it when I try and rep my cock sauce?

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    happy birthday to:

1manband
    DjArcadian
    Grand_Father
    eristic
    djdaze
    Grope
    jimey
    DeeRock
    waxjunky
    threetwosix
    Spanky Illson
    kitchenknight
    yuichi
    rain103
    CBear
    Electrode
    verb606
    noz
    Pony
    funkyexample
    Controller_7
    On_the_Red_Clay
    rootlesscosmo
    Birdman9
    graham
    foster_kane
    cove
    funky16corners

!!!!

(that's just who's online now , i just wanted to cover myself for the whole year.. get it out of the way, ya know?)

im thinking of a song. you have 3 guesses. go!

winner gets a raer boscoe sleeveless bootleg acetate stone mint copy with just a minor 4 inch crack.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    can you guys listen to my myspace beats & give me some advice?

thanks

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I'm going to get drunk (Pepe Lopez brand! Holla!) with my girlfriend tonight and I was wondering what should I watch? I have a choice between The Wire DVD box set or some random Lucio Fulci ultra-gore film (that's L-U-C-I-O F-U-L-C-I. Know about him, assholes?). Oh yeah, she likes latte, drives a Prius, is Asian and likes living by the water. I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I was wondering if that makes me sound white.

Come on, cunts! Give me an answer. Man, Soulstrut isn't like what it used to be.

• deLYSdeLYS 388 Posts
    Are there any good breakbeat raers on the Deutsche Grammaphon label?

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I'm gonna quit smoking crack, learn how to sing falsetto and sell all my records to the Record Rama Sound Archives in Pittsbugh for one million dollars.

GOVERNMENT ISSUED NANOROBOTS IN MY CORNFLAKES. DISCUSS

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    5 Stars

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    What's the best way to clean my records??

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    emergency mp3 request!!!!

I 'can't find my copy' & need a rip of a raer to play in 1 hour at a hipster douchebag party

320 or better only thanks

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm coming to San Francisco. Looking for record spots, places to eat. Any recommendations? I'd also like to fill my Netflix queue before I leave. Coincidentally, I just found an OG copy of "If You're Going to San Francisco". Price Czech? I heard it was sampled for a Mobb Deep song, too. It had this other sample for the bass. Anyone know what it is?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Stealing that copy of AWB Cut the Cake from the library (was this wrong) and posting a gigantic 800X800 pixel picture of it in weekday finds sure has made me hungry. Can any of you recommend a good spot to grab and expensive sandwich? It seems to get harder and harder to find a good one, huh?

Wow. Too bad about _______ passing away. Seems like everybody is dying these days.[/b] (((as if it were a trend)))

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I just rediscovered this the other day!

I played it out on my regular night but noone was feeling it (why do people not dance to what I play but request songs i don't have) and my friend commented that it sounded like it sampled Mardi Gras, but without the bells!! He claims he's seen it for sale before but overlooked it in favour of buying the record sampled for Nas Is Like (some kind of pink label apparantly). Does anyone know if this exists|

P.s. Hearing Y'all So Stupid made me miss real hip hop, do you think it's dead?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I just re-discovered Ya'll So Stupid/ Da King & I

Spots in Toronto.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    WHY DOES SOULSTRUT SUCK NOW??

REP YO' FAVORITE GAS STATION[/b]