Fruitmeat Records

Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Yo, http://brandonmata.com/Work/Fruitmeat/fruitmeat.html Does this compilation exist? If so, I gotttaa get a copy of this CD, but can't find anything about it online. I've wanted to check all the records Bobbito was doing with his Fruitmeat label. Anyone got any insight?

Comments

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Never come across that CD but have all of the tracks on vinyl apart from one I think...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    While we're at it, I might as well big up those Butta 12" and 7"s. I recall thinking the Binkis 12" was pretty decent. Couldn't really hang with the Vinia Mojica one, though.

Anyone heard the Spanish Harlem Orchestra stuff?

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts

I have the Mama Guela/Pa Gozar 7" by them but it's been so long since i played that I can't remember the tracks !

• Couldn't really hang with the Vinia Mojica one, though.

Guilt Junkie? That was my joint.. I loved that song.

(Re-upped for anyone that might want to chime in on the missing compilation...)

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    It was my understanding none of the stuff got on any CD.
    I see the website is from the graphic designer.
    Good chance it was planned & designed but never manufactured, happens a lot.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts

I have the Mama Guela/Pa Gozar 7" by them but it's been so long since i played that I can't remember the tracks !

shit.. I don't know where my copy is! I haven't seen in like 3-4 years...Sucks.....

• Anyone heard the Spanish Harlem Orchestra stuff?

really top notch material. "Llego La Banda" is a cover of a Willie Colon tune and hits even harder than the OG I think. Been a crate staple for years. The remixes were but you can find those same original SHO cuts on this CD:

http://www.amazon.com/Un-Gran-Dia-el-Barrio/dp/B00006IZNW

check their other releases for more of the same - well produced, rootsy, salsa dura.

the Butta 7" still gets some play too. wish he had kept putting out more.