GOOGLE DOWN???

GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
is google down?i can neither reach google.de, nor google.com, nor any google group. what's up with that?

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    says: server not found. has been like that ALL day. i can't work without google these days!

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Try switching web browsers. If you use IE try Firefox or Opera.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

thanks, but it doesn't make any difference... life without google is sad and boring. i tried to use yahoo, but life is not the same anymore.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Huh. Works fine for me. Although in retrospect, I should have found a "server not found" page and linked to that to screw with folks.

Alas, I'm so preoccupied with the retirement of Brett Favre, I can't focus on much else.

thanks, but it doesn't make any difference... life without google is sad and boring. i tried to use yahoo, but life is not the same anymore.

try http://www.igoogle.com

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    everything fine over here.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

not working. weird!!!!!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I was having trouble with it yesterday, but it's fine today.

I think it's just an internet thing. There are always going to be problems with somebody's server and connection somewhere.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    it was working this morning. i guess i'll just have to wait.

Google maintains various servers. I know there's a way to tap into them. It's just a variation in the URL but I couldn't find what these URLs are.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Here are a few things you can try.

Flush your DNS cache

If in windows open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns"
    then retry.

If that doesn't work you can clear your browsers cache and get it to retry.

If that doesn't work, do a traceroute to google.com and see where it fails. It could be a routing problem between you and them.

If in windows open a command prompt and type "tracert google.com". That will give you a better idea of where it is failing.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Here are a few things you can try.

Flush your DNS cache

If in windows open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns"
    then retry.

If that doesn't work you can clear your browsers cache and get it to retry.

If that doesn't work, do a traceroute to google.com and see where it fails. It could be a routing problem between you and them.

If in windows open a command prompt and type "tracert google.com". That will give you a better idea of where it is failing.

thanks!!! i'll try that.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    If it is a routing problem that will be out of your control but at least you'll know that it isn't your computer.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I'm bored and have half an hour till I go home. Post up your search terms and I'll do the searches for you.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

I'm bored and have half an hour till I go home. Post up your search terms and I'll do the searches for you.

[grope]soulful dynamics[/grope]
    [grope]donnie burks[/grope]