Who rides for The Mighty Boosh?

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
Love this show, I'm wondering if it gets the Strut seal of approval though?Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKwQ_zeRwEs-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmVypE4p1KE

Comments

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    i think that show sucks. I really tried to like it but was so unfunny i had to turn it off after a few episodes and destroy the dvd.

The bootsy collins skit though was kind of funny.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    The show is on the genius level. All three seasons kill shit.

• that and peep show.

• OutsiderOutsider 59 Posts
    The Milky Joe and episode and the Crack Fox episode are close to genius.

• it used to be good (especially the first series when it came out ) -- now it's like a caricature of itself and way too based around the 'coolness' of vince noir --- everyone knows howard moon (colon explorer) is the better character.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    "Look no one is really intrested in your slap bass jazz fusion"

It took me a while to get into. At first i thought it was just stupid but it grew on me and there are some really funny parts that had me .

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    They mentioned Allan Holdsworth.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    it used to be good (especially the first series when it came out ) -- now it's like a caricature of itself and way too based around the 'coolness' of vince noir --- everyone knows howard moon (colon explorer) is the better character.

I really like the second series. But I agree with the rest of what you said. As soon as I heard that they were going to start bringing bands on, for cameo appearances, you kinda knew they'd lost the plot.

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Cant get into into maybe need to take up smoking weed again and plenty of friends have raved about its greatness, might be one of those shows that takes time to get into.I did enjoy Natha Barley a lot more which does have the two guys from Boosh in it. (available via torrent sites)

As far as british comedy goes Peep Show is unfuckwithable IMO. i did go a bit overboard and download 3 seasons worth and watch them in a week though

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    All I know of it is a few clips that were posted on here about, the funky tit ball, et al. The stuff that I did see was

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Peep Show is unfuckwithable IMO.

Best British comedy since Spaced.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Peep Show is unfuckwithable IMO.

Best British comedy since Spaced.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

Major cosignage on Peep Show and Spaced too. All great shows.

• 'Garth Meringue's DARK PLACE' beats all...... and 'SNUFF BOX' isnt bad either...

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    peepshow hijack
    [/code]

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The first 2 series of the Peepshow are great, but I didn't like the next 2 so much.

Is great also. Probably my favourite recent show, if only because it stopped when it was still really good.

• show is white boy trash. Witless surrealism that no-one really likes.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Dolo is white boy trash. Witless surrealism that no-one really likes.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

[img]

My fav episode.

• UnconSciUnconSci 824 Posts
    'Garth Meringue's DARK PLACE' beats all...... and 'SNUFF BOX' isnt bad either...

Yea Dark Place is Frickin' awesome... i need to tivo that shit.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    It's all about the Old Greg.

'Garth Meringue's DARK PLACE' beats all...... and 'SNUFF BOX' isnt bad either...

Yea Dark Place is Frickin' awesome... i need to tivo that shit.

Word.

Also Nathan Barley, Modern Toss and Look Around You deserve props.

• Also Nathan Barley, Modern Toss and Look Around You deserve props.

i haven't got into the'modern toss' tv show as much as i loved the books ---- but the 'drive by abuser' always cracks me up...

Also Nathan Barley, Modern Toss and Look Around You deserve props.

i haven't got into the'modern toss' tv show as much as i loved the books ---- but the 'drive by abuser' always cracks me up...

I ride for alan and the complaints sketches. I still need to check the books.

• garth marenghi's darkplace is my shit!

anyone know a good place to watch the mighty boosh or snuff box?

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    "Look no one is really intrested in your slap bass jazz fusion"

It took me a while to get into. At first i thought it was just stupid but it grew on me and there are some really funny parts that had me .

They stopped showing it down here for some reason...... Its def. a music fanatics show, my non music obsessed friends dont even smirk at this show.