Airborne refunding for anything bought since 2001

djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
if you have a receipt you can get your money back for ANY Airborne you've ever bought, if not you can claim up to 6 items for as much as $63.http://www.airbornehealthsettlement.com/basically the FDA proved it aint shit I remember taking vitamin C in England that was pretty much the same thing as Airborne, just evervescent orange thingys in a tube. but they cost a LOT less. Used to cop those at Tesco I think.

Comments

• never heard of this company but just filed a claim for 27 dollars worth of product i bought

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I must have purchased $40 worth of this stuff a few weeks ago when I was sick. I was kind of suspect on the whole thing but a co-worker swore up-and-down that it worked. He said that zinc is the key (of which Airborne has a lot).

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    I dunno if they 'proved it ain't shit'. They're being fined for advertising health benefits without FDA approval. Vitamin and herbal supplement companies have to word their packaging very carefully to avoid promising anything that hasn't been proven by FDA trial.

I mean, there are a ton of studies showing that vitamin D is important in cancer prevention, but nobody is going to drop $300 million on an FDA trial so that they can say that on the box.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I must have purchased $40 worth of this stuff a few weeks ago when I was sick. I was kind of suspect on the whole thing but a co-worker swore up-and-down that it worked. He said that zinc is the key (of which Airborne has a lot).
    you're supposed to take it before you get sick

it's called "airborne" because people tend to get sick while travelling so it was recommended to take beforehand.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

it's called "airborne" because people tend to get sick while travelling so it was recommended to take beforehand.

i thought it was called airborne because viruses are airborne pathogens. It was made by a school teacher to help ward off colds in students.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

i thought it was called airborne because viruses are airborne pathogens. It was made by a school teacher to help ward off colds in students.
    shit, probably that too haha

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Your avatar is making me tense.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    It's called Wash Your Hands!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

never heard of it

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

never heard of it

It was invented by a teacher.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

never heard of it

It was invented by a teacher.

Tried and it didn't work. I want compensation.

• I dunno if they 'proved it ain't shit'. They're being fined for advertising health benefits without FDA approval. Vitamin and herbal supplement companies have to word their packaging very carefully to avoid promising anything that hasn't been proven by FDA trial.

I mean, there are a ton of studies showing that vitamin D is important in cancer prevention, but nobody is going to drop $300 million on an FDA trial so that they can say that on the box.

yeah, I was gonna say that it's not 'ain't shit'. I mean, it has pretty much all the same active ingredients as cold-eez but tastes much better and doesn't leave a metallic taste in your mouth.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I dunno if they 'proved it ain't shit'. They're being fined for advertising health benefits without FDA approval. Vitamin and herbal supplement companies have to word their packaging very carefully to avoid promising anything that hasn't been proven by FDA trial.

well they basically proved it's nothing more than a really expensive vitamin c delivery system, which is what I've kinda known all along.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    hahahahahahaha! wait till i call my mom about this shit. i fly all the time and she always sends me this stuff, but i've always told her all it is is just some vitamin c and nothing special at all. pretty funny situation i guess. must have been a public school teacher who thought of it. which now brings me to my next point...

I'M RICH BEYYOCH!

• reskresk 391 Posts

yeah, I was gonna say that it's not 'ain't shit'. I mean, it has pretty much all the same active ingredients as cold-eez but tastes much better and doesn't leave a metallic taste in your mouth.

both cold-eeze and airborne are not exactly the same ingredients. Both do have zinc in them (different forms, airbourne has plain zinc, cold-eeze has zinc gluconate), well thats really all cold-eeze is based off of. The thing i thought was a downside on airbourne (which i still think is an ok product, this settlement is kind of bullshit to me) is that airbourne also has vitamins A, vitamin C, echinacea, and other vitamins and herbal ingredients thought (for decades to centuries) to have some sort of aid with the immune system. The downside i see with airbourne in comparison to cold-eeze (zinc wise) is that zinc absorbs less on a highly acidic environment, hence why its not recommended to take cold-eeze with citrus. So airbourne containing such a large amount of vitamin C (ascorbic acid), would decrease the amount of zinc your body actually absorbs (i guess the 2nd grade teacher didn't catch this). Zinc has shown to reduce the duration viral colds by reducing viral replication. Cold-eeze uses zinc gluconate, which is an ionic compound which would better interfere with viral replication due to its charge.

Either way, airborne in reality is NOT all that expensive, at most 7 dollars, but if your buying it for its zinc, probably better off going the cold-eeze route. Are we going to sue everyone who has told us vitamin C and echinacea also help fight colds? C'mon people have been saying this for centuries, airbourne just made it more convenient to have it all in one.

• reskresk 391 Posts

well they basically proved it's nothing more than a really expensive vitamin c delivery system, which is what I've kinda known all along.

ever heard of Emergen-C? Less complete and more expensive. And is 7 bucks (the most expensive i have ever seen it) really all that much for convenience?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

right.

I still ride for vitamin C but that's not really what this is about. I guess they got got because they made more grandiose claims on the box.

in any event I will try to recoup a little since I buy this on the regular.

problem is I usually by the generic Walgreens version. don't think I'll be getting any $$ for that schitt. why must I cry?

right.

I still ride for vitamin C but that's not really what this is about. I guess they got got because they made more grandiose claims on the box.

in any event I will try to recoup a little since I buy this on the regular.

problem is I usually by the generic Walgreens version. don't think I'll be getting any $$ for that schitt. why must I cry?

you can claim up to 6 items without a receipt.

ever heard of Emergen-C? Less complete and more expensive. And is 7 bucks (the most expensive i have ever seen it) really all that much for convenience?

more like 10 bucks for the seasonal, for that much I can get a month supply of daily multivitamins...