Don't Stop: Recording Tap (Numero Group)

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
After having my radio station beg for months to get a copy of Guitar Soli (which had a local Edmonton artist on it), we finally got one in the mail. It was packaged with a promo copy of "Don't Stop: Recording Tap[/b]."It never came with a booklet so it took me a while to understand what exactly I was listening to. But after reading the Numero description twice, I finally got it.And wow, this is a really good compilation. Great mix of modern soul, 80s disco, and some early rap. I think a lot of strutters will like this so pick it up when it comes out. The website indicates an abundance of bonus material for the... vinyl[/b] release! Fuck those CD bonus tracks!BO! BO!

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    After having my radio station beg for months to get a copy of Guitar Soli (which had a local Edmonton artist on it), we finally got one in the mail. It was packaged with a promo copy of "Don't Stop: Recording Tap[/b]."

It never came with a booklet so it took me a while to understand what exactly I was listening to. But after reading the Numero description twice, I finally got it.

And wow, this is a really good compilation. Great mix of modern soul, 80s disco, and some early rap. I think a lot of strutters will like this so pick it up when it comes out. The website indicates an abundance of bonus material for the... vinyl[/b] release! Fuck those CD bonus tracks!

BO! BO!

Just ordered the CD yesterday. Looking forward to it, as the samples I've heard sound fantastic! Ultra-polished, unknown boogie and modern business. Will also order the LP once it becomes available (how's that for gettin my money twice?)

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Just ordered the CD yesterday. Looking forward to it, as the samples I've heard sound fantastic! Ultra-polished, unknown boogie and modern business. Will also order the LP once it becomes available (how's that for gettin my money twice?)
    You will ride, SG. And the sound is really good. Considering their description about the state of affairs of the master tapes, it sounds exceptional.

I am listening to Breakout by Magnetism, and the orchestration is so sophisticated and takes this track to another level. This is coming from someone who shys away from orchestration on my soul songs.

• I'm looking forward to this one. I already have the Jackie Stoudamire 12" filed.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts
    After having my radio station beg for months to get a copy of Guitar Soli (which had a local Edmonton artist on it), we finally got one in the mail.

Can - you should have dropped your Waxidermical connection and hit Rob up for it. We get 100s of radio requests and it's hard to get to all of them. We need to get Crink to make us some ID cards for faster processing of all things Waxi-related.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    wow. i'm looking forward to getting the vinyl version of this....the jackie stoudemire stuff sounds so good

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    This looks real cool. I've only had a couple different 12"s on Tap but they were all pretty interesting.

• snicka_gsnicka_g Hong Kong 276 Posts
    Hey TNG, do you guys have the Deep City shirt in different colors? Or only the yellow?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Hey TNG, do you guys have the Deep City shirt in different colors? Or only the yellow?

I was wondering the same thing.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I'm looking forward to this one. I already have the Jackie Stoudamire 12" filed.

• TNGTNG 234 Posts

I was wondering the same thing.

The shirts match their respective label colors. So in a word, no.

In other news, we've got a limited Missy Dee 12" from our Tap archive dropping next week. Should disappear with some speed, so don't rest thinking it'll be there next week.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Listening to this after just receiving my copy in the mail. THIS IS THE HOT HOT STUFF! Fantastic job, Numero folks!