tv show help (maybe english???)

magpiemagpie 160 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
so maybe 2 years ago i saw this show at a friends house, the show took place now, but it was about an old tv show, and the characters would talk about their memories of the shows (besically a show in a show), maybe they worked at the hospital, and the story of the one episode i saw was that the main character (a doctor?) had a son, but it looked like an alien (like mike from monsters inc) and it was pretty crazy...there were 3 chracters i remeber a white dude, a white cheick and a black dude...sorry thats all i got...any help would be much appreciated...

Comments

• OutsiderOutsider 59 Posts
    Sounds like Garth Marenghi's Darkplace to me.

"The premise of the series is that in the mid-1980s, Garth Marenghi and his publisher Dean Learner made their own T.V. series on a shoestring budget. Set in Darkplace Hospital in Romford, East London Garth Marenghi's Darkplace tells of the adventures of Dr. Rick Dagless, M.D., as he fights the forces of darkness while simultaneously coping with the pressures of running a modern hospital. Each episode includes interview sections set in the present-day, in which Marenghi and his costars comment on the show-within-the-show. These commentaries are always performed by Marenghi, Learner and Todd Rivers.
    Much of the humour derives from parodying cliches and motifs from the horror genre, deliberately poor production (including effects and editing styles typical of that era of British television production), and sub-par acting in the show within the show. A recurring joke is that the character of Garth Marenghi is revealed through his writing of Darkplace."

To call this show genius is a massive understatement.It's out on dvd.

• OutsiderOutsider 59 Posts
    Oh yeah,and contains one of the best songs in tv history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4_mZh-bj8

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    thats it...thanks!

• magpiemagpie 160 Posts
    Oh yeah,and contains one of the best songs in tv history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4_mZh-bj8