GMAIL HELP PLAESE

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
ok, admittedly i am not a computer person. anyways, i have a couple dummy accounts on japanese yahoo and it always takes me an hour to figure out which button to click to get my mail off that shit so i wanted to set up that thing where all the mails from yahoo japan will go directly to my gmail account but i keep getting messages about server denied pop3 acces thru server or some such. i also tried it with another gmail account i have and i got the same message. i have no idea what this means and it almost seems easier to just start clicking buttons again on japanese yahoo. help plaese i know not.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    i have no idea what this means and it almost seems easier to just start clicking buttons again on japanese yahoo.

you sound weird

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    let's grind

seriously though i need some help with this dire situation

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    You have to pay for POP access from Yahoo. That's major weaksauce.

oh. i understand the "you gotta pay" part. oh well. how come it doesnt even work for other gmail accounts i have? same msg and everything. im sure these are silly questions but seriously i only know the very basics of internet surfing.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    oh. i understand the "you gotta pay" part. oh well. how come it doesnt even work for other gmail accounts i have? same msg and everything. im sure these are silly questions but seriously i only know the very basics of internet surfing.

You need to give permission.

Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP > POP Download > Enable POP (there's 2 choices, either one will work)

At least Google gives it to you free. It's like Yahoo doesn't want people to use their service.

ah! thank you very much. i will try and do that and report back in prolly 2 hours.

that worked. thanks!