NYC - Hotel Related

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
New Yorkers/Travelers get at me! Wifey and I are planning a short trip to NY this summer. We also plan on a second trip this winter which will also be for a longer stay but I wanted to ask you for any rec's on some hotels. $300/night in Manhattan is a bit much for us on this trip so if any of you know of any spots please to hollur! Brooklyn, Queens, by the airports - where ever. Just trying to ask around. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    There are some mid-priced Hotels around The Queens Plaza area, one train stop outside of Man-Hatt.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    I was there about 2 months ago and stayed at The Pod Hotel. It's in Manhatten on E. 51st St between 2nd and 3rd Ave. I HIGHLY reccomend this for comfort and affordability.

check it out here:

www.thepodhotel.com

I got the Queen pod, and it ended up being one of the own ones with a private balcony...but the hotel has a community roof deck that is super nice to chill on and have a couple drinks.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    me and my lady stayed at the grand hyatt above the grand central station. It was in the lower 200's. NIce of course, and great location.

• rfbutterrfbutter 49 Posts
    www.hotellejolie.com

My girl and I will be staying there next week. $139 a night in Williamsburg is pretty damn cheap. The place looks pretty nice, it's almost brand new, and you're one train stop from Manhattan. If you want, I'll let you know how it is after my stay.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    the best western on greenpoint ave on the border of greenpoint, BK and long island city queens is where i used to always put my parents up...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-...y_New_York.html

it was around a buck or so...

also, used to gace 'em stay at the Best Western in Bay Ridge, lately been a murder spot...

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Cool - thanks for the info everyone. I'll check these out and see what happens.