Indy record show blowing up!

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited March 2008 in Strut Central
My brother is in todays Indianapolis Star...We were at the Indianapolis record show looking at wax and some dude started taking pics, I ran off to avoid the interview, but my brother was less fortunate.http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080303/LOCAL/803030357/1304

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Now they're having get-togethers and listening to vinyls in a group and enjoying it."

Ugh. The term "vinyls" creeping into journalism.

b/w

There were only 40 people at the record show? Must have found some good stuff!

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Nice, congrats!
    It's funny the "vinyl making a comeback" story runs every few months somewhere along with the "LSD making a comeback" and "study shows college students binge drink" stories.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Does local psych dealer Dan Stenski set up at these??

• Nah, it was pretty weak...None of the dealers I usually look out for showed up...some dude had a collection of mint OST though, I only found a few I could use though.

• Does local psych dealer Dan Stenski set up at these??

Can't say I know Dan, I would probably notice a decent psych dealer though.

Stan Denski??

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts

Stan Denski??
    I think you might be talking about the Aether Records guy? They dropped a few psych reissues a couple of years back, and there used to be a psych shop in Indy in Broad Ripple. I can't remember what the shop was called.

• Psych shop in B-Ripple is news to me...I've only lived here for a few years now, so maybe prior to me moving here. Stan Denski does sound a familiar though.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    He wrote the liner notes to some of the Love, Peace, and Poetry comps. Teaches (or taught) communications at IUPUI. Was not nice to me when I reached out to him when I lived in Indy back in 2000.

A psych shop in Broad Ripple? That's news to me too. I can only think of The Magic Bus and there was not one record in there.

A friend said he did ok at the record show, but keep it moving, no, no records in Indiana

• deeseldeesel 61 Posts

A psych shop in Broad Ripple? That's news to me too. I can only think of The Magic Bus and there was not one record in there.
    Yeah, I remember the Bus so I'm not thinking of that one. Maybe I'm just confusing this with a place in Bloomington.

Was not nice to me when I reached out to him when I lived in Indy back in 2000.

That's the dude.

• Missing Link's old location was in the heart of B-Rip, before they moved to the College Ave. spot, that has to be the one your thinking of...Bloomington had All Ears back in the day, which was a relly cool spot and dude always had a decent psych selection...

And yeah, Indy doesnt' have any records.

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    Ugh. The term "vinyls" creeping into journalism.

i thought only batshit insane old women with nine cats on craigslist used the term "vinyls"