If It Rotates - Back on Track!

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited March 2008 in Announcements
It's been too long, I shouldn't have left you... but I'm back with dope stuff from Nigeria to Brazil to Italy to Canada. As always:IF IT ROTATES Ray Stephen Oche and His Matumbo - Odeiyolao-oNonato Buzar - 100 MilhasJanko Nilovic - Soul ImpressionsToldos y su Grupo - Modulo JazzRemigio Ducros - Scherzi PesantiElectric Prunes - I Had Too Much to Dream Last NightFrancois Cousineau - Psychedelic PartyNilton Castro - Segura SamburaMilton Nascimento - Para Lennon e McCartney

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    New show now up! The first half is West Indies, with Jamaican artists like Phyllis Dillon, pre-ska Derrick Morgan, and also island funk like the Cinnamon Suns & Frankie Zhivago Young. The second half is soul, from Stevie to Cliff Nobles to Jimmy Holliday. Dig it!

IF IT ROTATES

Dramatics - Whatcha See Is Whatcha Get
    Phyllis Dillon - Woman of the Ghetto
    Hopeton Lewis & "Hugh" Roy - Tom Drunk
    Derrick & Patsy - Hey Boy Hey Girl
    Cinnamon Suns - Party Time
    Frankie Zhivago Young - All Around the World
    Charles Brinkley - In the Pocket
    Bobby Freeman - Oughta Be a Law
    Stevie Wonder - Can I Get a Witness
    Cliff Nobles - Love is All Right
    Jimmy Holliday - The New Breed

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    For Show #61, I delve into the jazz section of my crates... 30 minutes of music in 5 songs. The first track is by Nigerian musician Peter King, from his previously unreleased LP 'Shango' - a great mix of jazz and funk put out by the Strut record label. After that there are two pairs of tracks. The first pair are 80s tracks by legendary jazz artist Pharoah Sanders - the first, 'Africa', is from his 1987 dutch LP of the same name, and is a great vocal effort. The second is the jazz dance classic 'You've Got to Have Freedom', from his 1980 LP on the Theresa label.

For the second half we have the pleasure of two tracks from the Brazillian guitarist Baden Powell recorded for Germany's MPS label. The first, 'Sarava', is from the 1966 LP Tristeza on Guitar, and then the show finishes with his great scat vocal number 'Blues a Volonte' from his 1973 LP Images on Guitar. Two great tracks by this artist.

IF IT ROTATES

Peter King - Shango
    Pharoah Sanders - Africa
    Pharoah Sanders - You've Got to Have Freedom
    Baden Powell - Sarava
    Baden Powell - Blues a Volonte