Your favorite cakes (not ass related)

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
That IMAAD Ferrari cake in DJFerrari's birthday post made me think of how many great bday cakes I've had throughout my life.Name some of your most memorable cakes, birthday or otherwise.- I remember a Gremlins cake when I was young. It was an ice cream cake and was so good.- I remember a Dukes of Hazzard cake for a birthday once too. The frosting was that kind that made your tongue black. Soooo good- One birthday I had a Star Wars cake for Return of the Jedi with these tiny metal figurines.-A really cool Super Mario Brothers cake back in the 80's. I remember this one because it was my favorite b-day ever.-Recently I had a custom made turntable cake (so original right?)for non birthdays, my mom used to make my sister and I a school bus cake for the first day of every school year (even college) It was all I could think about until I came home

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Just had a slice of Baskin Robbin's chocolate ice cream cake...so good.

I pretty much avoid cake nowadays as I got burned out on them at a previous place of employment where they seemed to have one everyday.

But yeah, most memorable cake...wedding cake in Maui. It was a white macadamia nut cake and really, it was the best cake I've ever had.

Also, I gotta shout out Fiesta's tres leches cake as perfectly delicious.

And oh yeah, plenty of king cakes I had while still living in New Orleans were actually more fun than tasty, but awesome nonetheless.

Lastly, I'll always ride for strawberry shortcake.

• But yeah, most memorable cake...wedding cake in Maui. It was a white macadamia nut cake and really, it was the best cake I've ever had.

that sounds damn good.

• When I was in boy scouts (nelson: ha ha) we had cake making competitions. We made some bad ass cakes. In particular I remember a big purple madball cake. I wish I had a pic of it, it looked great but not edible. Died a long death stored in the freezer because nobody would eat it.

• http://www.miettecakes.com/gallery_1.html

i picked up the lemon debutante for a coworker birthday today. so good!

But yeah, most memorable cake...wedding cake in Maui. It was a white macadamia nut cake and really, it was the best cake I've ever had.

that sounds damn good.

It was, but still slightly less memorable as the ono that the same private chef cooked up for dinner for us that same night. Somehow we lucked out and scored the best private chef ever.

• http://www.miettecakes.com/gallery_1.html

i picked up the lemon debutante for a coworker birthday today. so good!

pfffff....it's ugly places like this ^^^^ that are displacing all the thieving crackheads and shit/pisspuddles in my neighborhood. boo.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• what kind of cake is that?

"now that's a Lady Baltimore cake..."

do you have any real cakes?

"i don't care for cakes, too sweet"

Bobby Cakes.

Never imagined that using rice milk instead of cow's milk could make pancakes so good.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    pilipino bakery

and of course kings hawaiian...

• I make my favorite cakes:

Vanilla Bean Cake

Pierre Hermes 'Lucy's Chocolate Cake,' designed by he and a model friend. Best served with whipped creme freche.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    red velvet cake is all I like

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Carrot cake. Which really is just a vehicle for cream cheese frosting.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    KILLINIT. 2.50 a cupcake.

2.50!!!!!

For a cupcake!?

Thats almost half a tank of gas.

I thought Girl Scout Cookies were expensive this year @ 3.50 a BOX.

I need to open a cupcake shop, probably costs 10 cents to make even with the chocolate shavings. Holy Mole.

• Not a favorite cake but more of a cautionary tale, last march some friends of mine made a birthday cake for me and brought it to the weekly I was doing. The cake looked beautiful so everyone wanted to keep in intact as long into the night as they could. Well 2:30 roles along and everyone was good and drunk ready to eat some cake and go home. We cut into it and what did it taste like?

Cigarettes, grossest cake taste EVAR. Don't wait.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

2.50!!!!!

Thats almost half a tank of gas.

do you drive a horse and buggy? and do you live in Saudi Arabia?

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    LOL.

Tanks, Gallons....who's countin'!?

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    ice cream cake is my fave

but please no BUTTERCREAM FROSTING.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

I'm telling you... I can bake the best mandarin curd cake evarrr!