NFL Free Agency

Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
What's good football fans? First day of free agency is here.From my end I hope the Giants can keep Gibril Wilson and Kawika Mitchell.Will the Pats give up Asante Samuel?The Cowboys going to drop Julius Jones?Lito Sheppard gone?Urlacher gone?Anderson is leaving Cleveland?As you can tell I've been reading fan nation. Tell me some rumors. Who's making moves for the '08 season?

Comments

• 'Zant is gone from NE. That is pretty much a guarantee.

Curious about Moss- some serious conflicting rumors on whether or not he will stay or go.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Julius will be gone......there's talk of the Cowboys having interest in Moss.

• Saints to get Vilma. Fuck yeah. You try watching yr team run Mark Simoneau out at the Mike for two years.

TB signed Jeff Faine.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    'Zant is gone from NE. That is pretty much a guarantee.

Curious about Moss- some serious conflicting rumors on whether or not he will stay or go.

I worry, both about the depth and talent of our secondary and about Moss. I thought it was pretty well settled that we would re-sign him, but I also thought that would be announced already.

In brighter news, the Sox beat BC and Northeastern by a combined score of 50 billion to nothing yesterday.

• Curious about Moss- some serious conflicting rumors on whether or not he will stay or go.

I was real surprised the other day when I read about Moss not being designated a franchise player. Also didn't Brady announce that he would follow Moss wherever he would go? It would be strange for them not to retain him after the year he had.

Rock, why would the Cowboys be interested in Moss? That's too much ego for one squad, plus the Cowboys already have solid recievers.

• Rumor is Saints offered a 2nd to the Giants for Shockey. DO IT. It helps both teams. Boss is that dude.

I worry, both about the depth and talent of our secondary

I'd be real worried, especially with no draft pick and all the old men on d. Teddy Bruschi coming back, really? Really, Teddy? You think you got it in you? Really...

• Rumor is Saints offered a 2nd to the Giants for Shockey. DO IT. It helps both teams. Boss is that dude.

I'd jump on that shit in a second, I can't stand that dude. You really want Shockey?

I'd be real worried, especially with no draft pick and all the old men on d. Teddy Bruschi coming back, really? Really, Teddy? You think you got it in you? Really...

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

((((((((((((((((i think the loss in 42 was the end of the line here. too many holes, schedule is tough next year with 4 west coast trip, law of averages on age and injury. they win afc east this season, almost by virtue of brady and belichick alone, but after that, who knows. the rest of the division is committed to competing, and closing the gap.))))))))))))))))

My thoughts.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    'Zant is gone from NE. That is pretty much a guarantee.

Right? I love the dude, but our defense is looking mad right now.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rock, why would the Cowboys be interested in Moss? That's too much ego for one squad, plus the Cowboys already have solid recievers.

You can take the combined egos of every player that has ever played the game of football and it will be dwarfed by the ego of one Jerry Jones.

I'd jump on that shit in a second, I can't stand that dude. You really want Shockey?

He won't be able to mentally punk Drew nor do I think he'd try. We've needed a playmaking TE since forever. It's worth a gamble I think. Did Payton coach Shockey any w/ the Giants?

He won't be able to mentally punk Drew nor do I think he'd try. We've needed a playmaking TE since forever. It's worth a gamble I think. Did Payton coach Shockey any w/ the Giants?

I'm not sure if he coached him or not. I hear your need for a good TE, but I don't think Shockey is your man, coming off a broken leg and getting up there in years. Maybe I'm wrong though and can't see past my hate, but dude is way overrated to me.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

You can take the combined egos of every player that has ever played the game of football and it will be dwarfed by the ego of one Jerry Jones.

That might be the truest statement ever uttered on the strut.

• Rock, why would the Cowboys be interested in Moss? That's too much ego for one squad, plus the Cowboys already have solid recievers.

Duly noted. If pigs fly and the Cowboys do end up with Moss, I would hate to be Wade Phillips.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    49ers have made a bunch of misc. depth and vet mentor signings so far. I'm still waiting for them to seal the deal on Bengals DE Justin Smith as their top signing this offseason.

• Samuels is in Philly right now and word is the eagles are not letting him leave without signing
    also strong buzz that we could be giving up lito and some draft picks to get fitzgerald from arizona
    there are also some wild theories saying that philly is gonna give up their no. 1 this year and next year to get miami's no. 1 this year and taking howie long's son as the top pick. that's a pretty ridiculous rumor IMO but if it that fantasy were to somehow come true it'd be

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Rumor is Saints offered a 2nd to the Giants for Shockey. DO IT. It helps both teams. Boss is that dude.

I'm not sure if he coached him or not. I hear your need for a good TE, but I don't think Shockey is your man, coming off a broken leg and getting up there in years. Maybe I'm wrong though and can't see past my hate, but dude is way overrated to me.

My thought is..how exactly would Shockey be an upgrade over Eric Johnson?

Bring back Boo!!!

• Samuels is in Philly right now and word is the eagles are not letting him leave without signing
    also strong buzz that we could be giving up lito and some draft picks to get fitzgerald from arizona
    there are also some wild theories saying that philly is gonna give up their no. 1 this year and next year to get miami's no. 1 this year and taking howie long's son as the top pick. that's a pretty ridiculous rumor IMO but if it that fantasy were to somehow come true it'd be

Philly is calling a 4:30 press conference, looks like Samuels will be wearing an Eagles jersey after all.
    Miami would be a fool to take that deal.

Kawika Mitchell got signed to the Bills, oh well.

• Not a FA signing, but the Bengals traded a 3rd and 5th round pick in this year's draft to get Shaun Rogers from the Detroit Lions. I hope this works out for them, but as awful as the Bengals' defense has been the past few years I don't see how it can hurt. As long as Rogers plays reasonably well and doesn't get arrested he'll fit in fine I imagine. At least the Bengals are doing *something* to try and improve that god-awful defense.

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

^^^FYI apparently that Rodgers deal fell through & he's gone to the Browns

I've heard rumours Moss is pissed at NE dragging their feet over his new deal & is ready to shop his wares...the Pats would be very foolish to let him go, especially considering Stallworth & Gaffney are free agents also

Justin Smith to the 49ers aswell, Faneca looks to be headed to the Jets. Should be interesting to see where Turner & Briggs end up

• RisingsonRisingson 696 Posts

the NFC East is going to be tough enough in 08 but if all that was true well fuck me its going to be a fun division next season