Chicago Struttters?!?! (gear related)

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Chitown peoples...where are the best spots to buy recording / DJ gear in the city? new and used? Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

Comments

• Theres a spot called decibel which carries alot of Hi-Fi equipment, lots of old belt drives. Sold them a harmon kardon a while back, not sure about dj stuff though.

• for dj gear hit up midwest stereo on clark and diversey. another option is the guitar center on the nw side i cant remember what street its on. theres tons of sam ashs and guitar centers all over the chicagoland area. for recording gear i believe the sam ash guitar center route is the only option.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Chitown peoples...where are the best spots to buy recording / DJ gear in the city? new and used? Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

If you need stuff on the new side, I would recommend Midwest Stereo on Clark and Diversey or Audio Lines on Belmont and Clark. I'm not sure if AL is still around though. I haven't been up there in a while.

If you're negotiation game is tight, you can probably wheel and deal with these guys. I bought two mixers at Audio Lines and didn't pay full price for either.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Audiolines, I'm pretty sure, moved into a wharehouse -- just looked it up, address 5070 N. Kimberly, right off the I-94 Foster Avenue exit. It's not a bad store, although they have weird hours and it's an odd setup, but you might be able to find a bargain.

The old store that was formerly Audiolines is still there, but it's called something else, and actually owned/run by a few old friends of mine. Can't really speak to the selection there, as I haven't bought anything for at least a year.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Theres a place called 123DJ on Cermak that has alot of stuff.. you would never know they were there unless you saw them online though. http://123dj.com/