A TV show 'bout Diggin? Iz It Possible???

2»

Comments

• What's your angle Batmon?

To give more of a response, PBS did a series on thrift shops and flea markets some time ago. One of the episodes focused on some record dudes and they went around to different thrifts and shops. Then they also showed them sourcing and buying a collection. It was interesting, and apart from the collection they bought, the record guys focused on odd-ball records.
    Personally I'd go without a digging show, there are plenty of toys out there already.

• There's a public access show, forget the name, about rare joints. That's about as far as I see it going. 1 am on a Tuesday.

does anyone know the name of this show? I caught it on BCAT one night, it was great. just this dude and a few guests needledropping stuff from their collections. i'm sure it was on YouTube at one point, maybe it got pulled?

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    There's a public access show, forget the name, about rare joints. That's about as far as I see it going. 1 am on a Tuesday.

does anyone know the name of this show? I caught it on BCAT one night, it was great. just this dude and a few guests needledropping stuff from their collections. i'm sure it was on YouTube at one point, maybe it got pulled?

It's called the 'Rare Groove Revolution', and yeah, those episodes got pulled from youtube unfortunately.
    Here is an interview with the host, DJ Soulero:

http://www.baghatvinyl.com/interviews_djsoulero2.html

I tried to see if the videos can be found anywhere else, but i can only find an episode where they showcase a band..

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1029257

• I'd go without a digging show, there are plenty of toys out there already.

exactly.

air a show like this and suddenly there are 15 new people in your favorite store everytime you go there picking up the gems they didn't know about until someone decided to exploit record nerds. then those records become more rare and drive up the price. they also get someone else's knowledge for free and wouldn't doing it for the love, but becasue tv says its a cool thing to do.

then again, i'd probably watch it.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Without the right host and proper sidebars, it might as well be a show about needlepoint. Digging is a monotonous endeavor. Plus, the stench of psych collectros would be lost on a television audience.

• um, dudes? no one really cares about records. present company excluded. i think the best ideas are the ones that are about something else, and just piggypack that record shit in there like a sneaky political amendment.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What's your angle Batmon?

To give more of a response, PBS did a series on thrift shops and flea markets some time ago. One of the episodes focused on some record dudes and they went around to different thrifts and shops. Then they also showed them sourcing and buying a collection. It was interesting, and apart from the collection they bought, the record guys focused on odd-ball records.
    Personally I'd go without a digging show, there are plenty of toys out there already.

I dont have any angles that why I threw it up herr.

A pure diggin show does sound I would suggest being silly w/ it along w/ an educational twist.

Maybe a dating show where one judges each other records for a date.....

Becky - "Im really feelin Doug's Mint minus Mandrill...."