Prozac doesn't work

mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/feb/26/mentalhealth.medicalresearchtaken by 40 million people worldwide, and it doesn't work

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    This article and the actual "study" this article are based on are terrible. The artical is super misleading and the "study" is extremely flawed and also misleading. The study is actually a review of other older studies (with few actual trials), though NONE of the refrences actually use fluoxetine(Prozac) in an actual studies (though they may address other selective seretonin reuptake inhibitors indirectly). The studies that this newer review references are misinterpreted in the review, and just are really not great studies. They also compare SSRI's interchangegly with buproprion and tricyclic antidressants which completely flaws the study, and tend to focus more on the drug companies advertisements and general studies of the impact of advertisements of consumers.

Anyways, in no way am I trying to promote the use of SSRI's, just saying there is absolutley no way you can state the lack of efficacy based on this article or the "study" this article is based on. The few trials that are referenced are a far stretch of showing a lack of efficacy and they completely ignored that actual trials the the original patent holders of the current SSRI's used to get their FDA approval. How this study (or 50% of most studies) get published, I have the slightest idea.

Carlos Palacios, Pharm.D., RPH

• HamHam 872 Posts
    haha a representative from the swedish version of the FDA was interviewed about this study this morning on the radio. he sounded mad nervous without any real arguments against it, like some drug company thug had a pistol to his head.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

Of the people I know who have taken Prozac, the drug has completely fucked them up, 100% of the time. Study over.

• Of the people I know who have taken Prozac, the drug has completely fucked them up, 100% of the time. Study over.

Yeah, shit is bad they put me on that and another drug I can not remember for a learning disability when I was a teenager. All it did was make me get really high when I somked herb and I developed a facial tick. It stays in your system for a long time after you stop taking it too. I am still pissed at my parents for letting me take that shit so young. I did better in school after I stopped taking it.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

Of the people I know who have taken Prozac, the drug has completely fucked them up, 100% of the time. Study over.

Yeah, shit is bad they put me on that and another drug I can not remember for a learning disability when I was a teenager. All it did was make me get really high when I somked herb and I developed a facial tick. It stays in your system for a long time after you stop taking it too. I am still pissed at my parents for letting me take that shit so young. I did better in school after I stopped taking it.

Hey CL, it wasn't amitriptalene was it? My friend took this in his younger days and would dole it out pre-smoke time. I remember some next level hallucinations one time, parts of which re-occured for me for the next several years.

This sounds similar to my own experience, the only reason I bring it up. Definitely powerful stuff considering I'd only had it on a few occasions. Luckily he's okay today.

• Of the people I know who have taken Prozac, the drug has completely fucked them up, 100% of the time. Study over.

Hey CL, it wasn't amitriptalene was it? My friend took this in his younger days and would dole it out pre-smoke time. I remember some next level hallucinations one time, parts of which re-occured for me for the next several years.

This sounds similar to my own experience, the only reason I bring it up. Definitely powerful stuff considering I'd only had it on a few occasions. Luckily he's okay today.

It was called Cylert. I had to google it. That shit was bad, I would get so fucked up. Why do they give kids this kind of shit? I can safely say that this was worse than any drugs I bought off the street and I have tried some heavy shit.

I mean sure I had a short attention span. School is Frickin' boring.