Obama (RR)

sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Has this been posted here already? FYI...http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iNxTApa2sQRu0Xx99P3jt2bEXw7gD8V0IE1O0Today on the Presidential Campaign TrailBy The Associated Press ??? 1 day agoIN THE HEADLINESCalifornia a tough climb for any GOP nominee ... 'Soul Man' Sam Moore tells Obama to stop using his song ... GOP delegates in American Samoa support John McCain___'Soul Man' to Obama: Cool itNASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) ??? Hold On: Stop using my song.That's the message to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama from soul singer Sam Moore of Sam & Dave fame.The singer said Saturday that he's sent a letter to the Obama campaign asking them to stop using one of the duo's signature songs, "Hold On, I'm Comin'," at campaign rallies.Moore says he's not endorsing Obama or anybody else at this time for president."No one called me, no one sent a telegraph, no one did anything. They just did it, and I think that's rather rude," Moore said from his home in Scottsdale, Ariz.Tommy Vietor, an Obama campaign spokesman, responded in a brief e-mail Saturday that they received the letter and will stop using the tune.Moore, a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, said the song is played frequently at campaign events, with supporters sometimes changing the lyrics to "Hold On, Obama's Comin'."He said it gives people the wrong idea about his politics."My vote is a very private matter between myself and the ballot box," he said in the letter, which was faxed Friday and sent by mail Saturday to Obama and campaign officials Carolyn Mosley and John Kluczynski. "I reserve my right to determine who I will support when and if I choose to do so."

Comments

• "My vote is a very private matter between myself and the ballot box,"[/b] he said in the letter, which was faxed Friday and sent by mail Saturday to Obama and campaign officials Carolyn Mosley and John Kluczynski.

Dont tell KVH.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    He said it gives people the wrong idea about his politics.

- spidey

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    He said it gives people the wrong idea about his politics.

- spidey

Questioning Sam Moore is nagl. Dude has paid his dues. And made tons of great music.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Doesn't mean he aint an ol sour grape now.

- spidey

• http://timesonline.typepad.com/uselections/2008/02/he-battled-the.html

Abba won't "take a chance" on McCain[/b]

The Republican candidate, who had already been banned by John Mellencamp, the American rocker, from using his hits 'Our Country' and 'Pink Houses', found out that he has few fans in Scandinavia when he tried to adopt Abba's "Take a chance on me" as his campaign song. After running into difficulties with the Swedish supergroup, McCain lamented to reporters on board his plane that it wasn't as easy to play the song as he thought.

???It gets expensive in a big hurry and if you???re not careful you can alienate some Swedes,??? he joked.???If word gets out to Stockholm that we???re using Abba music, then there???ll be a
    worsening in U.S.-Swedish relations.???

Mike Huckabee got a public dressing-down from Tom Scholtz of rock band Boston after he played their hit "More than a feeling" at campaign events. Scholtz left no one in any doubt of his feelings about Huckabee, who, he said was "the polar opposite of most everything Boston stands for."