Positive K Appreciation

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yes.

collabo on Brand Nubians first LP w/ Puba.....

I was secretly hoping for a whole album w/ Puba and K.

Brand Nubian anecdote:

I was poking around in a neighborhood junkshop yesterday. The proprietor, noting my interest in records, was trying to convince me to spend some money. He holds up skated doubles of "Punks Jump Up" and says "I got all kinds of records--I even got punk rock here!"

I guess you must of been rocking your Sunday Best: Belly Shirt with Exposed "STR8 EDGE" STOMACH 'TAT SHINING TO HARLEM WORLD.

Good point...which leads to a serious question:

Faux, have you ever officially signed some sort of STRAIGHT EDGE pact?

And yes, DARE counts...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Yes.

Brand Nubian anecdote:

I was poking around in a neighborhood junkshop yesterday. The proprietor, noting my interest in records, was trying to convince me to spend some money. He holds up skated doubles of "Punks Jump Up" and says "I got all kinds of records--I even got punk rock here!"

I guess you must of been rocking your Sunday Best: Belly Shirt with Exposed "STR8 EDGE" STOMACH 'TAT SHINING TO HARLEM WORLD.

And yes, DARE counts...

Huh?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yes.

Brand Nubian anecdote:

And yes, DARE counts...

Huh?

It's a simple question...

Have you ever signed an I-promise-I-will-not-do-drugs pact?

Yes or no.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Pos K emceed for the Big Daddy Kane / Latifah / Third Bass / Digital Underground show in Phill back in 1989. He killed it - quite possibly my favorite part of the whole show.

• The fact that neither Faux nor Phonics seems to understand the term "Straight Edge"--coupled with Harvey's attempted sidebust--almost deserves its own appreciation thread.

Please continue!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well I TRIED to steer this shit back on course, but I guess some shit is just out of my power...