soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
ARE YOU Frickin' KIDDING ME???OLIVIA "LIVER" FAVELA =

Comments

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Cecil Lyde "moneys funny"

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    please to post juice sippings of said rock birds

• I have Birtha's other album, Can't Stop The Madness. Even though they had that sanitary Dunhill Records sound that had everybody on that label sounding like the Grass Roots, they weren't a bad rock band at all.

A highlight of Chuck Negron's Three Dog Nightmare book is when the author's wife caught him in bed with Birtha's Rosemary Butler... (Negron was one of the singers with Dunhill labelmates Three Dog Night, and ...Nightmare is a cool trashy autobiography.)

ARE YOU Frickin' KIDDING ME???

OLIVIA "LIVER" FAVELA =

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    The Three Dog Nightmare continued well into the nineties as they headlined Aurora, Illinois "Foxfest" (don't know if it was any members of the og band, but the namesake was again tainted in toxic muddied waters of the FOX)

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    I have Birtha's other album, Can't Stop The Madness.

but the S/T had some pretty nice bits that i heard...im still looking for a copy.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Got a copy of this recently and it has been killing me all weekend.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Friend of mine played me the Black Devil album yesterday. Geeze, that's some hard ass dark disco.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Will King - You're My Woman LP

• I have Birtha's other album, Can't Stop The Madness.

but the S/T had some pretty nice bits that i heard...im still looking for a copy.

balls. i turned my nose up at a cheap copy of the first recently as i have the 2nd and also think it is --- i'll have to go back for it!!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

• ARE YOU Frickin' KIDDING ME???

OLIVIA "LIVER" FAVELA =

gotdamn I was listening to some of their songs posted up youtube.
    Holy Hell, man my thing now is female funky -rock. Birtha records were plentiful around here years ago now I don't see alot of their shit anymore.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts