Anyone taking part in the ebay seller boycott?

WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Not sure if anyone posted this yet - did a search and couldn't find anything. Apparently a lot more people than I thought are up in arms over the new fee changes and seller rules....lotta people seem to be taking actionhttp://money.cnn.com/2008/02/15/smbusiness/ebay_strike_update.fsb/index.htm?cnn=yes

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i will continue to not use ebay for selling nor purchasing.

• reading about the "search match" has me thinking. I don't want to always buy from a damn power seller. Small volume sells may get lost in the shuffle but hey we'll see. Shit I do more buying from the set sales anyway so all good withthe boycott.

• Anyone thinking about changing shipping services?

Ever since they went to "first class international" I am getting delayed or lost packages with far more frequency. At least one or two per auction. I lost a valuable 45 just sending it First Class to MASSAFUCKINCHUSETTS.

I wish UPS was more affordable, maybe I should look into DHL.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    There is no point in boycotting. There is no other way I could sell what I am able to sell on eBay, despite the problems, compared to private dealing, shows, and stores.

Records I have had for 2+ years which have sat in my bins, unsold at show after show and having record stores pass on all the time seemingly find their way to foreign countries. I have probably thrown away money and quality records since I didn't have the patience (or time) to sell online in the past. Now, that is not the case.

I have no hatt for eBay, and I will continue to buy and sell online. It just makes things easier, especially for weird/random/private records.

• There is no point in boycotting. There is no other way I could sell what I am able to sell on eBay, despite the problems, compared to private dealing, shows, and stores.

Records I have had for 2+ years which have sat in my bins, unsold at show after show and having record stores pass on all the time seemingly find their way to foreign countries. I have probably thrown away money and quality records since I didn't have the patience (or time) to sell online in the past. Now, that is not the case.

I have no hatt for eBay, and I will continue to buy and sell online. It just makes things easier, especially for weird/random/private records.

i put together alot of wholesale lots and throw them on ebay. 99.9% chances they sell, i make a little gas money, crap is out of my collection, that crap is out the door to some foreign region...everyone is happy.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    the changes are really really fucked up
    google has to be watching
    someone has to step up and put a real alternative out there
    soon

anyway there is no way i could sell the "LOTS'of LPs that I accumulate from buying collections-1000s of 1-2 dolla records i will never need

but imma thinking about better way around this one outlet for bulk

lots move on ebay -no denying it

either that or it goes back to the salvation army

• I don't want to always buy from a damn power seller

• Channel 4 (WRC TV) here in DC just did a small piece on the e-bay boycott.

• i have stopped selling.

need to go back soon though but holding off.

• I'm taking the week off on buying like a maniac. when the boycott's off I'll go back.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    So I assume everyone is going to hold off bidding on this then?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Worlds-Greatest-...1QQcmdZViewItem

• So I assume everyone is going to hold off bidding on this then?

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Worlds-Greatest-...1QQcmdZViewItem

You gotta check out the question/answer portion of that auction for a good laugh. Of course if I was going to spend $3 million on a record collection I'd have a few questions too!
    Here's one for example:

Q: I am simply interested in 'Here comes the Hot Stepper' by Ini Kamoze. Would you be able to separate this classic from the collection and sell it to me? Thank you. Feb-19-08

A: Sorry. NOTHING will be removed from the collection.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I lost a valuable 45 just sending it First Class to MASSAFUCKINCHUSETTS.

Well, no wonder???you spelled the state name wrong.

• I'm worried they didn't see the humor in me addressing it to "Jamaica Plain Mon, MA" either.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'm worried they didn't see the humor in me addressing it to "Jamaica Plain Mon, MA" either.

I bet M**k is pissed.

• Anyone thinking about changing shipping services?

Ever since they went to "first class international" I am getting delayed or lost packages with far more frequency. At least one or two per auction. I lost a valuable 45 just sending it First Class to MASSAFUCKINCHUSETTS.

I wish UPS was more affordable, maybe I should look into DHL.

No shit...every week its "I paid for this a month ago, where is it?" messages. We auction stuff 3 days a week and ship twice a week but every auction has one shipment that takes FOREVER. As far as alternatives, DHL can suck the big hoo hoo, we used to ship our big items with them (guitars, amps, etc) and those dipshits require 2 to 3 copies of ALL their paperwork because they dont keep records worth a shit...their route driver lost the invoice so they didnt send our item, we had to fax 3 different copies of our copy of the invoice or our item wouldnt be shipped...incompetent and shitty customer service.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I WILL TOTALLY SCREW THEM BY MAKING THEM WAIT A WEEK TO GET MY MONEY. I AM A MONKEY WRENCH IN THE CORPORATE MACHINE. FEEL MY POWER.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

• where is this humorous clip from?

• it's from The Office.