Windows question (anti-virus related)

SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I'm a "Mac dude". But I need to run Access 2007 for a course I'm taking, so I upgraded to Leopard and threw Windows XP Professional on my MacBook Pro (using Boot Camp).So it's time to put a condom on. I'll rarely go online using Windows (I'll certainly never visit any websites of ill repute) but some popping around on forums is inevitable as I get more familiar with Windows and need to figure sh*t out.What anti-virus software do folks recommend? I'd prefer free software, but I'd rather pay for something than get software that's going to slow the system down to a crawl. What are the Windows folks using?Thanks.

Comments

• Thanks for the replies. I'm giving Avast a try for the moment, but I'll save Arcadian's link if Avast starts to annoy the hell out of me (it's already spoken to me once ... it's skating on thin ice ).

• autoauto 198 Posts
    i roll raw daddy when i'm on my computer. avast and avg slow my shit down so i uninstalled em. avg kept trying to scan my files and that hogged all my memory so i got rid of it. if theres somethin better out there id be interested but those 2 dont cut it for me.

• i roll raw daddy when i'm on my computer. avast and avg slow my shit down so i uninstalled em. avg kept trying to scan my files and that hogged all my memory so i got rid of it. if theres somethin better out there id be interested but those 2 dont cut it for me.

The gentleman prefers bareback.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    i roll raw daddy when i'm on my computer. avast and avg slow my shit down so i uninstalled em. avg kept trying to scan my files and that hogged all my memory so i got rid of it. if theres somethin better out there id be interested but those 2 dont cut it for me.

I installed kaspersky on a Doctors Windows XP install on his mac. That was a pain in the ass, because he didn't install properly, and I had to remove it, and then reinstall it. Russian site with a forum. Anyways, found out the hard way that not all Anti-viruses work well with a Windows/Mac system.

I don't know what the best AV to use in this situation is. However I can reccomend,

1. Use Opera or Firefox.

2. http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

I'll look around for a better answer for ya.

- spidey