The Roots-Things Fall Apart Covers

HollywoodColeHollywoodCole 184 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
When this album came out I knew it had different covers. When I went to purchase it, I saw the one with the baby crying in front of burned buildings and the one with the girl running and screaming, which is the most common one. At the time I had no idea that I would never see the other covers again, so I bought the one with the girl cause I like it better than the one with the kid.SO, I just wanted to know if anybody had info on the other covers and how rare/collectible they might be. I think there might have been at least two other covers.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    which is the most common one.

the one with the girl running and screaming

• which is the most common one.

the one with the girl running and screaming

Oh, my bad for the bad grammar, but that wasn't a question. I was just saying that that cover is[/b] the most common one.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    sorry about that...

a quick search on ebay showed no difference in "raerity" (price wise) between the covers...and i hadnt ever heard any thing about a rare vs. non-rare cover...could have been a regional release type deal...

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts
    I heard when they came out that there would be like three or four covers. The one I got was the one I wanted; the one with mafia italian mob boss Masseria's bloody arm holding the Ace of Spades card after being "whacked" by Lucky Luciano. Yes one was a photo of some people running down the street screaming, and the others I have no idea about.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/images/r/roots/things-fall-apart.gif

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Here you go.

• Thanx for the link. I wanna collect all the vinyls and display them.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    Thanx for the link. I wanna collect all the vinyls and display them.

As far as I know, the vinyls were plain black jacket with a sticker. No picture art.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

This pic is from the rape of nanking, perhaps one of the most sadisitic acts of brutality in mankind. The first hand accounts of events are truly mortifying.....:(

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I remember I wanted the "Church" cover, but couldn't find it at the store I bought the CD from (got the "Girl" instead) and after less than a week all you could find was the "Riot" version. I've never seen a picture cover for the wax, just the plain black jacket as was mentioned.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    As far as I know, the vinyls were plain black jacket

and white jacket

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    As far as I know, the vinyls were plain black jacket

and white jacket

I got my hopes up when it came out. I thought I just got a promo LP, but I kept looking and never found LP's with the pic covers.

this is the only Cd version i've never seen in stores[/b]

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    this is the only version i've never seen in stores[/b]

CD right?

this is the only Cd version i've never seen in stores[/b]

CD right?

yes..i have the vinyl White Jacket...and the Cd girl running..i've never seen any Lp picture covers

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    This pic is from the rape of nanking, perhaps one of the most sadisitic acts of brutality in mankind. The first hand accounts of events are truly mortifying.....:(

In Japan, opinion among the public about it is divided, with some sentiment, especially among conservatives, that the Nanking Massacre has been exaggerated (if not fabricated) ...

Hmmm, they have Republicans in Japan????