Ford being so old, because it reminds me of those
    old 50's & 60's western movies where the old action
    hero actors of the 30's & 40's would play the aging
    gunman - and they could pull it off. They didn't show
    much of the "new" Indy, which is where the film seems
    like it could either sink or swim. We are familiar enough
    with Ford that he can get away with mailing it in if he
    has to, and we'll be happy to have one last Raiders film -
    but the supporting cast may be what ultimately kills it.
    I'll never forgive Spielberg for casting that annoying wife
    of his in the second film. A "Fan's Cut" that removes all
    scenes of her in peril, if not all her scenes, period, would
    be excellent.

• Roswell, NM.

eesh.

• I'll never forgive Spielberg for casting that annoying wife
    of his in the second film. A "Fan's Cut" that removes all
    scenes of her in peril, if not all her scenes, period, would
    be excellent.

agreed. Karen Allen for life!

and re: casting, Shia LaDouche could very easily ruin this movie.

Apparently there is a UFO/alien angle to this one. Could be awesome, but I doubt it.

• I'm not really geeked for this at all.

I simply posted it to share.

I will likely pass on this until the DVD release.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Man, I grew up loving the Indy series. I am hyped for this.

- spidey

• I was hyped about this until I saw that trailer.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I think it looks OK.

Can't be any worse than Phantom Menace.

It looks a little to heavy on the special effects, but it is a "blockbuster" movie so I'm willing to suspend reality for my 2 hours of escape.

Speaking of special effects, I recently watched Raiders again and what they did pre CGI is mind blowing. On some "do it right the first time or your dead" type shit.
    I think people actually being drug by cars at 50 mph is what's missing from action movies these days. Knowing everything is safe and computer generated takes a bit of life out of everything.

• Shia LaDouche could very easily ruin this movie.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    That review accompanying the trailer link was spot-on. Hard to believe it has been 19 years since the last film. The title of the movie, by the way, is incredibly corny. I'm surprised they didn't cut a better trailer -- it doesn't really bring the hype, regardless of whether or not the movie will deliver.

• I'll never forgive Spielberg for casting that annoying wife
    of his in the second film.

honestly, I grew up watching (and re-watching) these schitts, and Raiders is easily in my top ten all time movies but....the 2nd one is a bona fide terd. I have trouble even considering Indiana Jones a "trilogy" because of that one.

It's almost like Caddyshack II was to Caddyshack.

I'll never forgive Spielberg for casting that annoying wife
    of his in the second film.

honestly, I grew up watching (and re-watching) these schitts, and Raiders is easily in my top ten all time movies but....the 2nd one is a bona fide terd. I have trouble even considering Indiana Jones a "trilogy" because of that one.

It's almost like Caddyshack II was to Caddyshack.

That's the truth. And that's really saying something. I'll go ahead and front on Short Round, too. I was annoyed with that whole movie, even as a kid. Spielberg is capable of some monumentally tepid terds. Kate Capshaw is a network-TV caliber actress.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    the 2nd one is a bona fide terd.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Yeah, I'm not going that far. Despite it's MANY
    faults, it's still a fun movie. It's just that
    Spielberg kitchen sink mentality that weighs it
    down. Raiders was "over the top" but still well-crafted
    and not overly ambitious.

• I'll go ahead and front on Short Round, too.

no doubt. he was like the jarjar binks of that movie.

generally speaking I have trouble enjoying movies with kids in starring roles. yes grumpy old man doggie.

• Speaking of special effects, I recently watched Raiders again and what they did pre CGI is mind blowing. On some "do it right the first time or your dead" type shit.
    I think people actually being drug by cars at 50 mph is what's missing from action movies these days. Knowing everything is safe and computer generated takes a bit of life out of everything.

Special effects just take a certain visceral thrill out of watching action/stunts. They feel too safe.
    I wonder if a younger generation will have a different appreciation of action movies because they are growing up in the everything-is-CGI era.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Yeah, I'm not going that far. Despite it's MANY
    faults, it's still a fun movie. It's just that
    Spielberg kitchen sink mentality that weighs it
    down. Raiders was "over the top" but still well-crafted
    and not overly ambitious.

You're lucky you got Temple of Doom. Lucas was insisting on a "Haunted Mansion" theme until Spielberg finally talked him out of it.
    I was hype for the film until I saw the trailer. I think Harrison Ford will be the only thing keeping this film above water.

• Man, I grew up loving the Indy series. I am hyped for this.

• watching the trailer made me reflect on how much pro-american ideology is at work in these movies.

• watching the trailer made me reflect on how much pro-american ideology is at work in these movies.

if you're not American you have no right to comment on the Indy franchise.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    watching the trailer made me reflect on how much anti-Nazi ideology is at work in these movies.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• Man, I grew up loving the Indy series. I am hyped for this.

If possible, I want to watch it with my dad. It'll be completely hokey but I remember watching these with him way back when and having laughs. I remember being really, REALLY scared of the facemelt when the ark was opened, too.

It's odd, the plot of indiana jones seems so quaint now compared to, say, national treasure, which is so overwrought and ridiculous.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

That trailer displays very little of what the film may hold. I look forward to it. I watched the making of the Indy Trilogy from DVD boxset recently, the way they made those three were unbelievable and hard work without the computers. I told myself that if they made this new one without it would be a masterpiece, but no way will Hollywood stray from computers now. What happen to all the puppeteers, model makers, and set designers? Did they go get a computer graphic degree from their local tech school? Thats why the last Star Wars episodes sucked, the exception being the scene where Darth Vader was made.

• Man, I grew up loving the first one. I might buy the bootleg.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I will add: the trailer was pretty weak.

If possible, I want to watch it with my dad.

I had the same thought. That would be a trip, since "Temple of Doom" was probably one of the most recent movies we've seen together in an actual theater.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Temple Of Doom is not that bad. Mola Ram freaked me out when I was a kid.

Kali Maaaaa!

that iconic shot of his shadow putting his hat on

That was dope, and was the best part of the trailer. They should've cut together some action scenes from the first three films, having them all build up... and then ended with that silhouette shot. No scenes from the new film. Then the trailer would've been

• the cgi in that trailer is horrible. BAN CGI

corey feldman remains the only good child actor ever. No child actor has ever pulled off not being an annoying asshole like feldman did. There is no excuse as to why he wasnt cast as every child in every film of the 80's, and I myself would still cast him in child roles today.

Why did they have to have that shia turd in this film? AND DON'T YOU Frickin' KNOW HE IS GOING TO BE A 'WISECRACKING YOUNG FOIL TO THE AGED JONES'!!! FURY! It is exactly the same puzzle that presented itself with Die hard 4. Here you have the return of a beloved franchise and every second of the screen time with the iconic protagonist is ruined because he has to share it with a 'wisecracking' shitface whose only purpose in the movie is to supposedly contemporise it by being 'snarky' and making references to ipods and just being a total fag! I wanted to see john mclane blowing shit up, not trading iodyne zingers with a 50 year old movie executive's idea of what today's youth is all about. FUCK TODAYS YOUTH! THEY ARE LAME! I am just about the only cool one there is.