Radiohead v. Amplive (legals related)

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
http://www.onesevensevensix.com/amplive/index.html
After a cease & desist put the breaks on Amplive's Radiohead In Rainbows remix project, the online music community reasonably wondered if the tracks would ever see the light of day. Well, here they are. While the Oakland producer/DJ acknowledges that he probably should have contacted Radiohead (who were not involved in the project) to seek approval prior to making his interpretations publically available, an agreement has been reached between all involved parties and Amplive has been granted permission to release Rainydayz Remixes for free to the general public. Effective immediately, the eight-track record is available here.Rainydayz Remixes is composed exclusively of source material pulled from In Rainbows, re-envisioned by Amplive and complimented by vocal work from Too $hort, MC Zumbi of Zion I, Chali2na of Jurassic 5, Codany Holiday, and Del The Funky Homosapien.
guess im pretty ... didnt know this was going on for a while.his "plea" had me on the floor though

thom, holla at me man

Comments

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    what's that beat in the background? I'm drawing a serious blank, and I know I own it.

• Panzah did the whole radiohead remix mash up thing the best like 2-3 years ago... Biters! 12" breaks and beats album. Mash up CD with hip hop vox... then a 7" with the ghostface and doom remixs.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Just got a chance to listen to this. Overall amplives effort is underwhelming.

However, It's very apparent that if Chali2na had some worthwhile production he could have an interesting solo album in him. Doubtful thats going to happen though.

- spidey

• That Nudez remix is NICE