Options

Almonds and Delicious Fruit

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Fruit-wise, Texas Ruby Red grapefruit = even better than the shiznit.

gotta disagree, too sweet..Grapefruit is supposed to have that bite, you know?

Don't most people put sugar on their non-Ruby Red graprefruit though?

I dont. didnt know that was common...

Really? Served cut in half on a plate with sugar on it? There's even a special spoon made just for eating it that way...

I know of the spoons, I got some for Xmas...but I dont see what the spoon has to do with putting sugar on it...the special spoons are for digging out the meat with the serated edges as it is impossible to scoop the meat out with regular spoons...

Why would you need to cut it in half and serve it on a plate to be eaten with a spoon if you're not putting sugar on it?

Why not just cut it into 6ths like an orange and dig the meat out with your teeth (boxing mouthpiece style)...like we do down here with the Ruby Reds?

In fact, I'm just about to go do that right now.

• Fruit-wise, Texas Ruby Red grapefruit = even better than the shiznit.

Really? Served cut in half on a plate with sugar on it? There's even a special spoon made just for eating it that way...

I know of the spoons, I got some for Xmas...but I dont see what the spoon has to do with putting sugar on it...the special spoons are for digging out the meat with the serated edges as it is impossible to scoop the meat out with regular spoons...

My parents have grapefruit knives that are curved at the end so you can cut around the edge of the grapefruit between the rind and the flesh, thereby making the grapefruit half eatable with a regular spoon.

My parents have grapefruit knives that are curved at the end so you can cut around the edge of the grapefruit between the rind and the flesh, thereby making the grapefruit half eatable with a regular spoon.

Yes, we had one of those in our silverware drawer when I was a kid, and I used it quite a bit...before I discovered the Ruby Red.

Why would you need to cut it in half and serve it on a plate to be eaten with a spoon if you're not putting sugar on it?

Why not just cut it into 6ths like an orange and dig the meat out with your teeth (boxing mouthpiece style)...like we do down here with the Ruby Reds?

Well, sitting at the breakfast table with your clean clothes on and eating something the size of a softball with your hands could prove to be messy...Ive eaten grapefruit cut in half with a spoon since I was a kid...the old bamboo handles on my old jernts got crappy, so i got some new ones for xmas...

Well, sitting at the breakfast table with your clean clothes on and eating something the size of a softball with your hands could prove to be messy...Ive eaten grapefruit cut in half with a spoon since I was a kid...the old bamboo handles on my old jernts got crappy, so i got some new ones for xmas...

In the end, no offense on how you eat grapefruit. Whatever you need to do to get all of that replenishing, cleansing juice and pulp down your gullet...yum.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

DARK Chocolate covered SOY Nuts and Almonds are where its at!!!

Honeybell/Minneola oranges are where its at on the citrus side. In season, so act fast.

• Roasted Hickory Almonds from the Bazaar in Beirut

ewww, that picture gave me bad flashbacks of when my mom forced my fat ass to go on weight watchers. half grapefruit and cottage cheese for days. in middle school! obviously it helped tho cuz i prolly wouldnt be this sexy otherwise.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I put honey on grapefruit, fuck sugar

• Options
    I gotta get me some grapefruit!

What about bread with fruit in it for breakfast? I have made banana bread before, but, i wanna make some fruit loaded bran loaf (or something). any bakers out there?

I gotta get me some grapefruit!

• Options
    aaaaauuuhhhhhh!!!!

(the homer simpsons drooling over doughnuts sound)

delicious fruits........aaauuuhhhhh, gurgle gurgle, must have sweet desert ruby!!!

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I don't like grapefruit so I'm hoping that just means I'm not old yet.

I do like Scotch though, so I'm not too sure, maybe I haven't killed enough taste buds to enjoy grapefruit.

I hope I can only truly consider myself an old timer when I am drinking my scotch with milk and eating grapefruit with a fancy little spoon and some sweet n'low.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I don't like grapefruit so I'm hoping that just means I'm not old yet.

I do like Scotch though, so I'm not too sure, maybe I haven't killed enough taste buds to enjoy grapefruit.

I hope I can only truly consider myself an old timer when I am drinking my scotch with milk and eating grapefruit with a fancy little spoon and some sweet n'low.

And I hate scotch, but love grapefruit. What up, Yin? It's Yang. Holla atcha boy!

• AlmondAlmond 1,427 Posts
    in addition to almonds, I had BLUEBERRY PANCAKES for breakfast[/b]

best topic ever