Your most favourite track on the james mason joint

teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Everybody seem to have their own fav. track on the record,my question, which of the tracks touched you inner spine and gives thosesweet chills when the needle drops .. ?My choice: "I've got my eyes on you" well executed heavy up-tempo jazz funk with vocals to die for .. FRESH!

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    chills? "good thing" for the vocal quality on the "hey baybay"s

• teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
    Yeah you know what I mean?!!
    check http://www.berklee.edu/bt/133/bb_neurology.html

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    my boy just found th??s couple a weeks ago OG mint for cheap at a fleamarket, now he has two copies and I have none...........

Well get one, It might just prove to be the best piece of your collection.

I know mine is. Can't get enough. Fu*k the lialeh!

Well get one, It might just prove to be the best piece of your collection.

I know mine is. Can't get enough. Fu*k the lialeh!

This joint is kinda expensive, and Im quessing that the reissue dosent sound half as nice as the OG.....

Well I do understand your concern about the $$$ and if you're not a "early at fleamarked despite the hang-over" kind of guy. You might have to fork out ..

And I do understand you m8 innit with two copies, he's prolly got one tucked under his pillow.

Well I do understand your concern about the $$$ and if you're not a "early at fleamarked despite the hang-over" kind of guy. You might have to fork out ..

And I do understand you m8 innit with two copies, he's prolly got one tucked under his pillow.

as I recall this was not an early morning find, more like a midday one........

• I love the whole LP, but "Sweet Power" still my fave..

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Yeah you know what I mean?!!
    check http://www.berklee.edu/bt/133/bb_neurology.html

good article. thanks teddy

Some nice quotes there: "A lot of people think that music is like a drug," she told the Berklee audience. "The nice thing about music is that you're not putting a chemical into your body"

Or both, for double pleasure!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I love the whole LP, but "Sweet Power" still my fave..

Teddy, whats good man?

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    The reissue is fine. Looks and sounds good, they did a decent job of it.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my boy just found th??s couple a weeks ago OG mint for cheap at a fleamarket, now he has two copies and I have none...........

i know exactly how you feel on this one...

• I love the track "Free" although I managed to make a nice scratch in that track about halfway through that tends to ruin my listening experience! It was only a reissue though, but I think I need to buy another... does anyone know if the reissue is still in print?

Peace.

• reissues in abundance on Gemm

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    "Funny Girl." "Sweet Power" second. Although I've only heard the other tracks once or twice.

Cot damn I need this LP in my life.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    "Funny Girl." "Sweet Power" second. Although I've only heard the other tracks once or twice.

Cot damn I need this LP in my life.

2nded. with the possibility that "free" may be better than either.

copped my shit at a hippy lady rummage. thank god she never listened to it!!