~"ON HOLD" ~

NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
What does this mean?Is it like:"I want this LP, but I don't want to pay you right now, even though I'm on a computer and could open paypal in a new window as I type this, but I am just too busy"?Can somebody drop a knowledge jewel on me?

Comments

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    What does this mean?

"I need to ask my mommy first"

---

• I stopped using that "on hold" non-sense on my website.

I just warn the guy with a "are you still really interested?" email if someone else is interested by the record.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    "I'm going to see if I can win a copy on ebay for cheaper while you hold it"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    What does this mean?

I want the LP but I don't have the money to buy it........maybe if I put it on hold I can sell one of my LP's to get the money to pay for that one....as long as it's on hold no one else can buy it......but after a week of me being too lazy to get off my ass and sell one of my LP's I'll tell the seller "never mind".

My fave are the guys who go to a record show, pull out shit from every table to be "put on hold" and then come back 4 hours later and only buy 25% of what they pulled.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    What does this mean?

Is it like:

"I want this LP, but I don't want to pay you right now, even though I'm on a computer and could open paypal in a new window as I type this, but I am just too busy"?

Can somebody drop a knowledge jewel on me?

He's being really really honest to you. I like what he says.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    "Now that I am aware of this record existence, I will need some time to see if I could get it cheaper somewhere over the internet. In case I fail, I'll get back at you".

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    "I would like to take this opportunity to create a false sense of sale achievement on you, after that, I will politely decline"

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    I'll be right back... i think they might have that JOINT at my local SPOT, yo![/b]

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'll be right back... i think they might have that JOINT at my local SPOT, yo![/b]

we are quasi-discussing record sales over here, your presence is not welcome after THE INCIDENT.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    THESE FAKE BUYERS REMIND ME OF THOSE LITTLE DUDES THAT PUT YOUR RECORD ON THE "WATCH LIST" ON EBAY. THEN WHEN THERE'S 6 HOURS FOR THE RECORD TO GO, SILENTLY PUT IT OFF THE WATCH LIST. STAY TO SEE THE FINAL PRICE, BITCH. HAVE SOME COURTESY.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    THESE FAKE BUYERS REMIND ME OF THOSE LITTLE DUDES THAT PUT YOUR RECORD ON THE "WATCH LIST" ON EBAY. THEN WHEN THERE'S 6 HOURS FOR THE RECORD TO GO, SILENTLY PUT IT OFF THE WATCH LIST. STAY TO SEE THE FINAL PRICE, BITCH. HAVE SOME COURTESY.

Yeah....fuck these guys.....if I have 23 "watchers" I expect to sell that shit!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

we are quasi-discussing record sales over here, your presence is not welcome after THE INCIDENT.

SHOULDN'T YOU BEEN AT THE MALL W/ YOUR VERY FAT WIFE....
    AREN'T SOUTH AMERICAN WOMEN LIKE A BOTERO'S GREATEST HITS COLLAGE?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    watchers names should be public. I'm sure these dudes must be watching 1400 records at the time. I hate watchers. RECORD VOYEAURS. JUMP IN THE ACTION, LOSERS.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts

Is there a "Watching item" etiquette?
    I mean, I use to watch some items on ebay just for curiosity; stuff I have or had and sold,
    stuff I saw somewhere else and want to compare prices, etc.
    I always watch them till the auctions end, but never thought this
    could cause some
    discomfort/problem to sellers.

Peace

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

SHOULDN'T YOU BEEN AT THE MALL W/ YOUR VERY FAT WIFE....

ONLY ON WEEKENDS, ON WEEKDAYS I PLAY THESE SLAVERY GAME CALLED JOB

GOD, MAKE ME A PRODUCER.

AREN'T SOUTH AMERICAN WOMEN LIKE A BOTERO'S GREATEST HITS COLLAGE?

BOTERO MAKE THEM SKINNY. I'M LIVING THE ETHNIC DREAM, ALLZ I SEE ARE LATINAS AROUND ME

• "I'm going to see if I can win a copy on ebay for cheaper while you hold it"

bingo

OR, the in-store equivalent:

"I'm going to go to the several other record shops in the neighborhood, see if they have a cheaper copy, then rifle through my mediocre collection for possible trade bait."

I have had to inform several customers that I do not pay my rent in records therefore I am far more interested in selling these things than trading them.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    For the record, a good 90%+ of the stuff that people
    have put "on hold" in my set sales has eventually been
    bought by that person. Sometimes I have to send a couple
    of "reminder" PM's, which IS annoying, but in my experience
    very few people end up not buying the stuff.

It is also annoying when somebody puts something on hold right
    after the sale is up, and then somebody else asks for like
    5 things including the thing on hold, it's like "hello! paying
    customer over here!" But still, if someone says "hey I need a
    couple of days to get money together, I swear I'll pay then"
    I don't really have a problem with it.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Yeah, seems like "on hold" is usually the seller's way of indicating that the item is spoken for, not a buyer asking if you can hold something for them.

Heads jump on set sales so fast, the best chance you have is to send a PM first and pay soon after.

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    "I'm going to see if I can win a copy on ebay for cheaper while you hold it"

Yeah, can you hold it for 8 days 23 hours and 42 minutes?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It is also annoying when somebody puts something on hold right
    after the sale is up, and then somebody else asks for like
    5 things including the thing on hold, it's like "hello! paying
    customer over here!" But still, if someone says "hey I need a
    couple of days to get money together, I swear I'll pay then"
    I don't really have a problem with it.

Yeah, this is what bruns my ass. Whenever I post a classifieds sale there's always someone who PMs within 10 minutes and is like "yo hold these" and they are always the most requested titles. It always ends up leading to other people who I know would pay immediately passing on other things because the one thing they mostly want is in limbo. And then you usually have to send the original person a "SO DO YOU EVEN WANT THESE?" PM. I mean, it's one thing if it's a pricey record and you're like "Hey, I get paid in a week, is that cool?", but it's usually like three $10 records Frickin' things up.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    This reminds me that I need to clean out my hold stack at Plan 9. I usually put stuff on hold because I can't remember if I have it or if I should mint or press up. Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I trade in a 2 eye for a 6 eye, etc.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I trade in a 2 eye for a 6 eye, etc.

get some help, dude.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I mean, I use to watch some items on ebay just for curiosity; stuff I have or had and sold,
    could cause some

Peace

well, a little message saying "Hey, I'm watching your record but I won't bid on it because I'm a record voyeur" would be nice

• I mean, it's one thing if it's a pricey record and you're like "Hey, I get paid in a week, is that cool?", but it's usually like three $10 records Frickin' things up.

Easy solution -- 3 DAYS TO PAY OR PSYCH MAFIA LENDERS ON YOUR BRUNT ASS FOR 20% INTEREST.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Yeah, I've gotten to the point where I trade in a 2 eye for a 6 eye, etc.

get some help, dude.

I don't know where to turn.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

could cause some

Peace

well, a little message saying "Hey, I'm watching your record but I won't bid on it because I'm a record voyeur" would be nice
    I watch ALL of your CHEESECAKE auctions, JLR.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

could cause some

Peace

WE (I like to give the idea that there's someone else working with me) specialize in "SEXY NUDE", NOT "CHEESECAKE"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

could cause some

Peace

WE (I like to give the idea that there's someone else working with me) specialize in "SEXY NUDE", NOT "CHEESECAKE"
    Don't you find the "SEXY" and "NUDE" criteria far too limiting when trying to appeal something as infinitely complex as human sexuality?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

could cause some

Peace

Don't you find the "SEXY"
    and "NUDE" criteria far too limiting when trying to appeal something as infinitely complex as human sexuality?