Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just got a (rinked ) copy of this one tonight -
    fantastic falsetto funk, backed with a sweet ballad in the
    group style with a falsetto lead. Not sure if it's early 70's or late 60's:

• Just got a (rinked ) copy of this one tonight -
    fantastic falsetto funk, backed with a sweet ballad in the
    group style with a falsetto lead. Not sure if it's early 70's or late 60's:

Hey, I have this record too. What's really tripped out about it is that Stop was normally a country label, but evidently some stray soul sides snuck in the discography (I have another soul release by Billy Cox, who I think is the same B.C. who played in Jimi Hendrix' Band of Gypsys). I'm assuming it's late sixties, myself. There was a brief spell in the early seventies where Stop was distributed by Scepter, but this appears to be before then.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Ethics - I Want My Baby Back b/w Farewell on the "farewell", thats the type of junt that makes me forget about an a-side...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Found this today.....not early 70's but thought some might dig it.....I'm pretty sure there is some falsetto towards the end of the song that only dogs can hear.

• Ethics - I Want My Baby Back b/w Farewell on the "farewell", thats the type of junt that makes me forget about an a-side...

According to Billboard's soul charts, "Farewell" WAS the A-side (#32 in 1969)...

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    "I Want My Baby Back" is the jam

unfortunately it reminds me instantly of that awful 'I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs" commercial

for that reason alone , I prefer "Look At Me Now"

---

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    "I Want My Baby Back" is the jam

unfortunately it reminds me instantly of that awful 'I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs" commercial

for that reason alone , I prefer "Look At Me Now"

---
    Alright then, went to listen to both sides of the ethics junt and still ride for the lowrider oldie "farewell", though I am starting to appreciate the movement or dare I say skating sound qualities of the flip

• Man, how could I forget this one:

• a few of my faves:

Techniques IV- How Can You Win
    The Volumes- I'm Gonna Miss You
    Gino Washington- Oh Not Me