no more polaroid instant film FOREVER

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Polaroid Closing Instant Film Factoriesi can picture lomo picking up all the deadstock and charging $30/pack

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Someone will pick up the slack, albeit that shit will probably be real $$$, just like Time-Zero film.

• they discontinued their super8 b&w reversal stock like prolly close to 10 years ago. i remember getting real nervous about that. however, you can still get it. and there are companies in LA that make their own stock, albeit in 100 ft rolls. shouldnt be a major concern as everyone has pretty much gone digital.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    what are all the psuedo-artsy 18 year old girls gonna post on their myspaces now?!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    yeah but if you have a polaroid that uses the pack film, Fuji still makes that along with a couple other companies.

• what are all the psuedo-artsy 18 year old girls gonna post on their myspaces now?!

something tells me you'll be the first one to know?

• what are all the psuedo-artsy 18 year old girls gonna post on their myspaces now?!

haha, true! but really you don't like the way polaroids look? i'm surprised.

i think those tones are classic

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I like. I have this one, but film is darn expensive for it.

Are those pics you shot Edith? NICE.

You have a macro lens for any of your polaroids?

• Are those pics you shot Edith? NICE.

I WISH. those are pics from polaroid pools on flickr

here are some i took

• i think those tones are classic

If you like saturation.

If you like saturation.

Oh snap, was this a photo-diss?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

If you like saturation.

Oh snap, was this a photo-diss?

It might be, but none of us will ever really know for sure.

stock up now it'll give you more holla power..

I WISH.

Yours look great too, just like all the photos i've seen from you. What are you using? Don't want to get all gushy, but you definitely have a natural eye for composition.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Someone will pick up the slack, albeit that shit will probably be real $$$, just like Time-Zero film.

I just inherited a wood grain sx-70 from my grandpa (along witha grip of other cameras). Looking forward to copping some film when I'm banking a little harder. Have you shot with one of these?

• the sx-70 land camera is the be all end all of polaroid cameras.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    there was talk of a printer-type thing the size of a deck of cards, licenced by polaroid, which would allow you to plug in a camera or camera phone to print out a pic instantaneously. this is genius. dont know the status of it right now, but i'm sure it will take the hell off.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    the sx-70 land camera is the be all end all of polaroid cameras.

My partner told me it was the 195, or 1xx that is the super-coveted one? I got a Land 100 too.

The design on the 70 is pretty sexy, and the leather carrying case kills it.

Have you shot with the 70 Shig?

• yes i have. they are lovely. i have one. the problem is finding the very raer and expensive time zero shit.

kinda related, i have a 1934 leica whose take up spindle is broken so i have never been able to develop film from it. it costs something like $300 to just look at it.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    it costs something like $300 to just look at it.

Pobres, shield your eyes or go into debt.

• well i have working cameras and the thought of bringing out the leica with all the screw on lenses and range finder mounts is just kinda daunting. so instead every once in a while i'll take it out of its leather case and stare at it.

plus im poor.

and cheap. a deadly combination that shouldnt be too unfamiliar with record nerds.

I WISH.

Yours look great too, just like all the photos i've seen from you. What are you using? Don't want to get all gushy, but you definitely have a natural eye for composition.
    yeah, this is real true. She takes damn good pictures. she is using talent.

the sx-70 land camera is the be all end all of polaroid cameras.

Word up. It's no surprise that it's still considered one of the best designed products of the last 100 years. BEAUTIFUL (and functional).

Last I checked, someone took over the Time-Zero production (emulsion-friendly no less!) but it cost about 2x what Time-Zero used to run for. Then again, TZ was $$$ even when Polaroid had it out.

I kind of feel for Polaroid...they made some bad decisions in not jumping on the digital train faster vs. digging in their heals with film and they paid the price but there's something about the instant camera that's forever classic and it's sad to see them have to let go of that part of their history.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I wasn't trying to knock you, just make a joke out of the way you worded that.

"you've looked at my camera, now pay me $300."