Nice Gomez Ritual Boot?

teddyrossoteddyrosso 268 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
Has this one been bootlegged? Is there an official reissue?I found an a copy today, the front is very blurry, but theback text is very clear and the label on the vinyl is thegreen original, I'm confused .. maybe it's a later issue ..

Comments

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Has this one been bootlegged? Is there an official reissue?
    I found an a copy today, the front is very blurry, but the
    back text is very clear and the label on the vinyl is the
    green original, I'm confused .. maybe it's a later issue ..

there was a boot, scorpio i believe... use yr reissue common sense...

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    But there is a P-Vine reissue.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    But there is a P-Vine reissue.

the supreme option, nice clear cover.

the boot has a darker cover...

peace.

• Has this one been bootlegged? Is there an official reissue?

I've seen the bootleg but not the p-vine. The boot has a dark cover and you can see the moire or print pattern from the sketchy scan, also the og has a glossy cover. Rather than scan they typeset the text again on the boot hence type looking clear. You will notice slight differences on the label though - I remember checking aagainst my og and the odd detail is in a slightly different place, like the BIEM box or something, very minor but a definite way of distinguishing from one another. I just took this pic of my og label...

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    There is also this "DJ Edition" press limited to 500 copies

http://cgi.ebay.de/Nico-Gomez-Ritual-LP-...7QQcmdZViewItem

I bought to not shred my og when playin...

• out of curiosity...which tracks yall play out? hows the floor reaction?

recently acquired....love it

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    caballo negro and lupita work for me....but honestly you could drop the whole LP on cats and they wouldnt stop dancing or spinning out IMHO. This LP does actually live up to the hype.

My version is the Australian release, on Carinia,(blue label) which was based in Sydney. I got some roberto carlos, australia pressing issued on that same label, so im thinking they done alot of latin stuff for the aussie market.

Sheep you know any more? Whats your version of Ritual on?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    lupita smashes, movement crassic.

p-vine reish was rather limited and expensive upon release. It also goes for money now.

caballo negro and lupita work for me....but honestly you could drop the whole LP on cats and they wouldnt stop dancing or spinning out IMHO. This LP does actually live up to the hype.

My version is the Australian release, on Carinia,(blue label) which was based in Sydney. I got some roberto carlos, australia pressing issued on that same label, so im thinking they done alot of latin stuff for the aussie market.

Sheep you know any more? Whats your version of Ritual on?

I got the Carinia pressing... but also the P-Vine one.

I passed the French version with a lady on the cover a few years ago for $70 tho...

b

• Then it's the boot, it was cheap so it figures. Think I'll keep it, the sound quality is very good ..

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts

I've seen the bootleg but not the p-vine. The boot has a dark cover and you can see the moire or print pattern from the sketchy scan, also the og has a glossy cover. Rather than scan they typeset the text again on the boot hence type looking clear. You will notice slight differences on the label though - I remember checking aagainst my og and the odd detail is in a slightly different place, like the BIEM box or something, very minor but a definite way of distinguishing from one another. I just took this pic of my og label...

Are you sure thats the OG??? The "B.I.E.M" box is on the other and side of the number "2" on my copy????? I also just called my cat Forrest Getem Gump had him look at his copies he got from the people at Demon Fuzz and the "B.I.E.M" box is on the right hand side as with my copy

• Has this one been bootlegged? Is there an official reissue?

Are you sure thats the OG??? The "B.I.E.M" box is on the other and side of the number "2" on my copy????? I also just called my cat Forrest Getem Gump had him look at his copies he got from the people at Demon Fuzz and the "B.I.E.M" box is on the right hand side as with my copy

The BIEM box is on the left hand side on my copy, and I'm 100% sure it's an original.

The BIEM box is on the left hand side on my copy, and I'm 100% sure it's an original.

So which one is the original? According to Forrest and everyone else I have spoken to regarding this... the OG has the BIEM to the right...Imma figure out how to post pics so i can put one up of my copy and cover.

from memory, the p-vine reissue had a red label...

that green one looks like a reissue??

• When was the bootleg issued?

My copy is exactly the same as the green label pic posted above. I bought it from a non-professional dealer at a flea market for 2 euros and it was in between all kinds of cheesy exotica records and it has a sticker from a long long gone old record shop on the back, so I'd be surprised if it's a reissue/bootleg.

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    My copy is exactly the same as the green label pic posted above. I bought it from a non-professional dealer at a flea market for 2 euros and it was in between all kinds of cheesy exotica records and it has a sticker from a long long gone old record shop on the back, so I'd be surprised if it's a reissue/bootleg.

Yeah, i have the same copy too and from a flea market aswell. I think it is a second pressing from the 70's. The label differences are odd though. All other Omega releases i've seen have the same first pressing lay-out:

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i need this record.

Yeah so I went and checked popsike for whats its worth and the few maybe 6 or so listings I saw w/ pics of the label have the BEIM box to the right of the label and there is one pic with the BEIM to the left...maybe both are legit OG pressings I dont know....but hey it's GOOD music.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    My oG has the BIEM on the right side...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    lupita smashes, movement crassic.

p-vine reish was rather limited and expensive upon release. It also goes for money now.

Really? Either way, I'm not selling it. I'm not huge on Latin records (as I have no background in them and cannot fully appreciate them without becoming to some degree ensconced in the culture), but I love this one, as well as several other albums of his.

• While we are at it. Is there any information available about who played on that session.
    You always hear it was El Chicles and such but it remains a mistery to me.

Nico Gomez was actually Raymond van 't Groenewoud's father. Raymond is a belgian singer and songwriter. His music has absolutely nothing to do with the stuff his dad was doing.

• Well i'd love to hear the entire chakachas, el chicles, nico gomez story really, it's been questioned a lot of times over the years but I don't think anyone has really covered the whole story ..

My boot (?) copy has biem on the right side?!? And the lp cover still in shrink!!

• Hmm, maybe you've been switched by one of your former digger friends?!?

"Yeah I got the OG wax but not the cover"

• there is an omega/blue elephant label sampler that has the 3 best tracks from ritual, and some other killer tracks from Janko Nilovic, Certain Lions and Tigers, Ray Baretto and more called "the afro cuban discotech sound" that you can scoop pretty easily for around $75...a cheap(er) way to get legit copies of some killer tracks...

• there is an omega/blue elephant label sampler that has the 3 best tracks from ritual, and some other killer tracks from Janko Nilovic, Certain Lions and Tigers, Ray Baretto and more called "the afro cuban discotech sound" that you can scoop pretty easily for around $75...a cheap(er) way to get legit copies of some killer tracks...

You mean this one?

You mean this one?

it has a few different jackets, Ive never seen that particular one, but from the group listing on the cover, it looks like the same record I am talking about

You mean this one?

it has a few different jackets, Ive never seen that particular one, but from the group listing on the cover, it looks like the same record I am talking about

It has Caballo Negro, Ritual, Aquarela, Baila Chibiquiban by Nico Gomez on it as well as a bunch of other good tracks.
    Good compilation but not easy to find.

Have you ever seen the Certain Lins and Tigers record on Dureco with the alternative cover?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

those look hot to deth