KMD Appreciation (1991)

2»

Comments

• I wish everyone could of heard Black Bastards the way it was mastered on Elektra.

this is very true

when this was about to [not] drop, someone from the elektra offices in london leaked a promo cd to Unity records on beak street, who were selling tape dubs off it, so right back then I had the full LP at (almost) full quality. No issue since, including the subverse 2LP or the fondle em Ep, ever sounded as good as that tape, nowhere near.

word. we got the tape from our college radio station and proceeded to lose our minds. god knows who ended up with that tape in their posession...we dubbed ten copies and probably listened to them all to death.

i was real disappointed when the fondle em "ruffs and rares" came out...
    i even gotten rid of my copy. found one a couple years ago in a dollar bin, so ive gotten over my prejudice and appreciate it for what it is.

there was a lot of speculation of elektra putting out vinyl promos, but i have never ever seen it.

• Does anyone have that mix that dude did with all KMD samples?? That shit was FRESH!

sheep, what was it called? i want to hear it

• I just recently bought a tape from Doom's younger brother with 9 unreleases KMD beats from the time period between Mr. Hood and Black Bastards. The shit is grainy but hot as hell. Including the original unreleased version of WhatA Nigg! Know. All the beats were produced by Sub. Including a comeback apperance of Bert & Ernie on this jam "Shapes"

I will be releasing it soon as an instro album and my boy talked to Cage about rhyming on some tracks, hes down...I want to get Kurious and Sub's old friends to rhyme on it.

great news. cant wait to hear it. doom has no interest on being on it?
    he seems to have molted out of zev love x and thoroughly embraced his new self.

has anyone ever heard him perform a kmd song on stage, since he has been MFDoom?

• There was a video for What A Nigg! Know that Elektra never released too.
    It was half the album version and half the remix!

sorry for the flood of posts...

but GOOD LORD JESUS CHRIST

somebody please make this available to the public. or me

niggy know remix > everything else

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I spent three days staying in the same apartment
    in Boston with KMD. None of us lived there, but my
    friend who promoted their show did, and I was basically
    sofa surfing at the time, having lost my apartment.
    Neither KMD or I had any money, and we all ate macaroni
    & cheese with (kosher) hot dogs everyday, although not
    together. They pretty much stayed in their room.

The live show was good. People were into it.

• i rode down 95 in a minivan with ultramagnetic mcs when i was 18. they were so large (TR and moelove) that i had to sit on the floor against the sliding door the whole way. weaksauce. they were bitter that they didnt get the same crossover love that ERicB and Rakim got. they played four horsemen and ego trippin (just that song) the whole way down). we went to south street before the show and they stickered everything with a surface.on the way back the next day, the promoter fell asleep at the wheel and almost killed all of us. I walked away with 3 huge stacks of coup stickers. i plastered my college campus with them. no macaroni and hot dogs. this is the abridged version of a crazy 24 hours.

the end

• bump

some questions were left unanswered and unembellished

illanthropist...get the fuck out here and talk to the people