Joe Bataan Interview

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
Just when I didn't think we didn't have shit to update the site with, my man Argyle sends me an interview he did with JOE BATAAN - holy shit!? Werd?! So after being stunned for a couple hours and fucking around with the formatting and layout for a week now - I invite ya'll to check out our interview with JOE BATAAN............... PAZ www.funktheworld.net/joebataan_interview For those checking the site for the first time, feel free to check out the beats, remixes and mixes for ur listening plezzure.......

Comments

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Nice interview and great site! Congrats!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    nice, but what's w/ the 3rd person referencse.........I find people like that annoying.

new album is heat though....

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    nice interview... i will say that hes hard to follow when you type out his stuff because any pauses or breaks while he talks isnt there. its just run-on. so funny though. he has a good laugh as well...

and i hope im not blowing up dudes spot cause hes family to me, and not to take away from dudes interview here in this post, but yall gotta hear the tapes that oliver has with joe... one of the illest interviews ive ever heard. talks about everything like his familys history, his gang living days, prison, how he got his first band (tell em about the knife oli!!! at least give them that), the mafia, why he dipped out of the music scene for over a decade, and more...

after reading this interview and listening to olivers interview i have such a huge respect for this dude. if you dont have his music i suggest you get yourself some. the link in the first post has titles of records yall should have...

thanks for posting this!

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Thanks for the replies... We appreciate all the feedback, especially since I feel like we're newbies in all this (websites, mixes, interviewing) we just roll with it and try to let everything happen "as is". Feel free to send back any other comments/feedback and I'm glad you strutters are diggin the interview (It was only right to post it here).......

ONE..........

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I just did some dirt - don't ask - to this right here

DEFINITLEY SERIOUS!

• When is Joe touring in New York again. I just moved here and really NEED to see him. I've been listening to his albums since I got back from the record show this morning.

• When is Joe touring in New York again. I just moved here and really NEED to see him. I've been listening to his albums since I got back from the record show this morning.

Does anyone have the full discography of Joe Bataan's GHETTO RECORDS and word on whether any of them are any good?

Oliver???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I can't talk about the Joe Bataan interviews except to say that I don't know much about his Ghetto Records imprint. Are you sure he had one?

I liked the the funktheworld interview - I thought it got some information correct that I've seen incorrect elsewhere, it covers the "Call My Name" album well. I don't mind the third-person references but someone should fix the typos on the website.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    my man Argyle