St. Thomas Recommendations??????

kemskems 120 Posts
edited February 2008 in Strut Central
I'm at the airport ready to get on the plane to St. Thomas. I've done my basic research and got a few recommendations on shit to do and see while i'm out there. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good music venues or record spots. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Peace.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bring me back some Hot Sauce.......

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts

YES!!!! Get you some Miss Anna's while your there.

but No, No Records in the V.I........

Unless you happen upon the 'Virginologist' 80's private Calypso Raer.

Try to go to St. John on the ferry and Hit up Coral Bay or downtown Cruz bay to escape the St. Thomas Hustle.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    modern music was the only "full service" store last i checked

check for my friend Larry at Parrotfish, nice guy & neat store but mostly for the tour boats

otis at caribbean, redman @ redman's
    & super chill isaac @ the rasta shop (next to the catholic school)
    may have some vinyl
    but cds took over way back

i enjoyed eating at a joint called patty king, up the road from modern music

have a blast
    &
    try to take the ferry to St Johns if you get the chance
    real deal tropical island, no cistren needed

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    co-sine on coral bay

i hit up a nice sunday fish fry / dancehall there

• I agree with Alice, take the ferry to St. John one day, check out Maho Bay too. Bring some snorkling gear, we saw sea turtles there!

Hope you took your passaport so you can go to Little Dix and the Baths in BVI.

Stock up on liquor at the duty free, high end scotch for dirt cheap.

Man I wish I could be in the USVI right now! So jealous!

• kemskems 120 Posts
    Thanks to all for the recommendations little did I know that my girl had us staying on top of a mountain, therefore no internet. Anyways I just got back yesterday and it was a great trip. That is seriously one of the most beautiful places i've ever been to. I ended getting into basically everything that was said and all of them were all that. Thanks again. Peace.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I clicked on this thinking it was gonna be about versions of the Sonny Rollins track